Forums > Any other business > Bitcoin

BITCOIN

mik said...

Analysts say it could easily bounce back.

Or stay the same.

Or decline further.

More insights. As they happen.

It's exactly like that :lol:

Reminds me of a Mitch Hedburg joke :

'I was in a punk rock band once.

People either loved us or hated us.

Or thought we were OK.'

:lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

NotoriousREV said...

I reckon there'll be a lot of profit taking at $20k so there'll be a price drop. Good time to short.

This guy talks a lot of sense.

P.S. Time to start buying again.

Updated December 22, 2017 at 1:16 PM

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

I'm sitting on only a solid £75 loss since investing 8)

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

240PP said...

I'm sitting on only a solid £75 loss since investing 8)

So are you going to treat yourself to that Star Wars T-shirt ? :lol:

If you'd have followed my advice, you'd be sitting on a solid 50% profit right now.

Quality of advice varies. Follow at your own risk. Luck is a significant factor.

--

Discoc*nts

Excellent article here.

--

Wow was I impressed

Jobbo said...

Excellent article here.

I wouldn't say "bitcoin is stupid" (as he claims) but I'd agree that there are risks, as with any investment. For this reason I convert some of my earnings to dollars.

He acknowledges the headline is a bit clickbaity. But the basics of the article are sound.

--

Wow was I impressed

Litecoin has jumped 20 per cent in the last few hours...

Ethereum is having a hell of a run right now as well, although Ripple has recently overtaken it as altcoin nr 2: https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

--

Litecoin also gone up so I'm just £70 down 8)

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

How do I win this. Can I just give someone a hundred pounds and they give me back several thousand?

Can someone just do it for me for no fee as i'm quite busy and can't be bothered to learn.

Thanks.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

Now there's an attitude that can only win 8) :lol:

Updated January 6, 2018 at 3:09 PM

--

I still really, really object to the obscene waste that is the mining energy requirement for Bitcoin.
Must be the most deliberately destructive currency ever created?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

JL said...

Now there's an attitude that can only win 8) :lol:

I thought so too, your support is reassuring.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

BTC Dropped back to 11k this morning, but back at 12.5k now.

The sentiment around cryto has soured over the past week however - is the party over?

N said...

The sentiment around cryto has soured over the past week however - is the party over?

The Chinese are scaling back on their mining farms and pulling out of the market. It has folks spooked.

--

Discoc*nts

N said...

Yes / no / maybe. Choose one.

Look - it's an incredibly volatile commodity and market. The soured sentiment is IMO purely down to this being the average pleb's first exposure to Bitcoin, as it hit the psychologically big round numbers.

Yes, it has dropped a lot - it's called a correction, it's nothing new. 7 weeks ago it was at $9k and I don't see it sinking to that level just yet.

People also need to remember there are cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum had an absolute rocket run recently - I bought at $460 and it was up in the $1300s up until very recently. Litecoin same same.

Can the naysayers please point me towards the safe-as-houses, tried-and-tested investments that can triple every few weeks? kthxbi

Updated January 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM

--

JL said...

N said...

Yes / no / maybe. Choose one.

Look - it's an incredibly volatile commodity and market. The soured sentiment is IMO purely down to this being the average pleb's first exposure to Bitcoin, as it hit the psychologically big round numbers.

Yes, it has dropped a lot - it's called a correction, it's nothing new. 7 weeks ago it was at $9k and I don't see it sinking to that level just yet.

People also need to remember there are cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum had an absolute rocket run recently - I bought at $460 and it was up in the $1300s up until very recently. Litecoin same same.

Can the naysayers please point me towards the safe-as-houses, tried-and-tested investments that can triple, or third, every few weeks? kthxbi

FTFY

--

Discoc*nts

Fair enough. In fact I fell foul of my own "advice" just then, and that is calling it investing. It's a gamble, pure and simple. Calling it a gamble makes it a lot easier to process.

--

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular