(or am I showing my age?)

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Sundayjumper said...

Alex_ said...

Not sure what this is:

Oh, come on ! They're not super-rare.

(or am I showing my age?)

No, I'm 26 and knew what they were as a kid.

I wasn't sure this was a serious thread there for a second :lol:

Was sat behind a Skoda Superb Estate 3.6 V6 4x4 last night. Don't see many of those about, and looking at the figures I can see why.

I love Triumph Stags, my next door neighbour had one when I was a kid. There isn't a sweeter sounding V8 than the 3.0 Triumph engine. Not a lot of power and they suffered with reliability issues in the early days but they sound divine.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

First one is a Nissan Figaro and it could be nearly new, certainly not vintage of any kind.

The second is a Triumph something or other.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

First one is a Nissan Figaro and it could be nearly new, certainly not vintage of any kind.

They're based on the Mk1 Micra 1.0 auto and were only made in 1990-91 IIRC.

My stepfather's Stag sounded lovely with the Rover V8 but the pedal on the right was a volume control, not an accelerator.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

saw a 911 gt3 rs this morning, dark grey with orangy/red accent decals, 997?

yep just like this, lovely lovely thing

Updated July 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

I would have a Figaro :oops:

--

This ^

I saw this ambitious soul (and his dog) joining the very busy Croydon flyover at approximately 4mph the other night. Caused chaos!

Updated July 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

There's loads of figaros in Birmingham for some reason. A substitute teacher at my secondary school had a light blue one - was a paedo

Jimmy Choo said...

DeskJockey said...

They're based on the Mk1 Micra 1.0 auto and were only made in 1990-91 IIRC.

My stepfather's Stag sounded lovely with the Rover V8 but the pedal on the right was a volume control, not an accelerator.

You appear to be correct (according to Wikipedia). Even so, a 1991 car is hardly vintage.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

I never said it was vintage rather it stood out as it was in mint condition.

Alex_ said...

I never said it was vintage rather it stood out as it was in mint condition.

doesn't make it any less shight

240PP said...

I like them too, but I would look absolutely ridiculous driving one :)

There's one I see near home quite regularly that's been painted in bright orange with a slight flip and it looks really good against the chrome detail.

Edit - probably THIS ONE, the page says it's unique.

Updated July 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

240PP said...

I'd rather have a Pao, slammed on deep dish JDM wheels and fitted with an SR20DET.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

That Stag is lovely, there's an old fella that lives in the retirement flats near the gym I go to that has one in dark blue. Looks and sounds superb. I do have to say as well I have a bit of a soft spot for Figaro's and as Rev said the Pao. I would never buy or own one, but there is something strangely appealing about them.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

A girl* at my work bought one yesterday - she's currently learning to drive, I thought getting an auto first car was a bit daft, but I didn't tell her I thought that.

*yes/doubtful, she bats for the other team.

--

Cheers

Rich

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular