Forums > General > To day i shall be mostly driving an...

TO DAY I SHALL BE MOSTLY DRIVING AN...
Previous | 1234 | Next

4 Door A6 S-Line 170bhp 4 pot oil burner

Lovely inside, as you would expect, lots of room, good driving position.
Engine has flat torque across the entire rev range, no "2 stroke" power bands, very useable
42mpg in London in light traffic
Very capable wafter with a very good ride (despite being an S-Line), almost no body roll, positive turn in

gearbox is very notchy and does not like positive gear changes, lets the whole car down tbh, unless you like to take 5 seconds to change gear ofc
TC comes on as soon as you explore the right pedal
as involving to drive as a cushion

looks superb value at 35k without toys but i expect this one has many boxes ticked

Updated July 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

--

WIBBLE

Positive turn in compared to what?
I thought the F30 had positive turn in when I first bought it, and compared to the E38 it certainly does. Now that I'm used to it though, it just has 'turn in' and I notice the eagerness to change direction less and less...

--

BMW Car Magazine

Eric Pisch said...

looks superb value at 35k without toys but i expect this one has many boxes ticked

:lol::lol::lol:

Best trolling thread of the year.

--

300 hp AWD Golf mk4 TDI the ultimate dream

Shock Diamonds said...

4 Door A6 S-Line 170bhp 4 pot oil burner

Lovely inside, as you would expect, lots of room, good driving position.
Engine has flat torque across the entire rev range, no "2 stroke" power bands, very useable
42mpg in London in light traffic
Very capable wafter with a very good ride (despite being an S-Line), almost no body roll, positive turn in

gearbox is very notchy and does not like positive gear changes, lets the whole car down tbh, unless you like to take 5 seconds to change gear ofc
TC comes on as soon as you explore the right pedal
as involving to drive as a cushion

:lol:

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

think some of you guys need to check out what new cars are going for now

my dealer has an A6 avant biturbo oil burner up for £59,999

so for a reasonably speced A6 35k is reasonable in comparison, you can just about get in a Q3 for 30k

--

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

so for a reasonably speced A6 35k is reasonable in comparison, you can just about get in a Q3 for 30k

There are no words :roll::roll:

Alex88 said...

Eric Pisch said...

There are no words :roll::roll:

if you have a problem talk to Audi, its there pricing, bmw, merc and jag are all very similarly priced

Updated July 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

--

WIBBLE

At what point did I say I had a problem with the manufacturers?

ShockDiamonds said...

Positive turn in compared to what?
I thought the F30 had positive turn in when I first bought it, and compared to the E38 it certainly does. Now that I'm used to it though, it just has 'turn in' and I notice the eagerness to change direction less and less...

of course everything it is all relative, i'm sure a M135i feels slow and sounds terrible if your belting around in a FF

but certainly not that long ago A6s where wallowy old barges that responded to steering input a couple of minutes after you turned the wheel

--

WIBBLE

Alex88 said...

you where bitching about the price they set the price

--

WIBBLE

You appear to be missing the point that the vast majority of A6 TDIs, 520d MSports etc are leased so if you pay £35k then you've basically thrown away a shed load of money.

The Q3 starts at £25k, by the way.

Jobbo said...

You appear to be missing the point that the vast majority of A6 TDIs, 520d MSports etc are leased so if you pay £35k then you've basically thrown away a shed load of money.

The Q3 starts at £25k, by the way.

you could say that for any new car, most loose 40-50% approx in the first 3 years, and there certainly are superb lease deals about but again if you want to save money you could get a perfectly serviceable kia for half the money

as for the Q3 how many people buy or lease the entry level model (when its there own money)? i have been looking for a Q3 for her indoors and all the lightly used ones seem high spec'd

if you want a big wafty well appointed barge the A6 is nice, if you want to enjoy driving a car get the M520 thingy

Updated July 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

--

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

Alex88 said...

I was actually loling at you thinking £35k is 'superb value' For a 4 pot diesel A6. It's daylight robbery. And the only reason they're able to charge such extortionate prices is because fools like you pay it and think you're getting a good deal.

You're driving an entry-level A6 - why is it not valid to compare that to an entry-level Q3?

Big executive saloons do not lose a mere 40-50% of value in the first 3 years against list price. That's why Audi have to support sales by leasing and with 'contributions' up to £12k: Clicky.

Alex88 said...

Eric Pisch said...

Alex88 said...

And when was I bitching? I was actually loling at you thinking £35k is 'superb value' For a 4 pot diesel estate car. It's daylight robbery. And the only reason they're able to charge such extortionate prices is because fools like you pay it and think you're getting a good deal.

the equivalent BM is only £700 cheaper

its not something i would personally want, its the 60k A6 avant bitrubo that seems massively overpriced to me, you can get an RS4 for that, i know which i would buy

Updated July 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

--

WIBBLE

Jobbo said...

You're driving an entry-level A6 - why is it not valid to compare that to an entry-level Q3?

Big executive saloons do not lose a mere 40-50% of value in the first 3 years against list price. That's why Audi have to support sales by leasing and with 'contributions' up to £12k: Clicky.

S-Line is entry level?

you can negotiate good deals from most dealers atm, my friend got 8k of his loaded m135i, we got about 25% of my wifes polo GTi

Updated July 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM

--

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

Alex88 said...

Eric Pisch said...

Alex88 said...

And when was I bitching? I was actually loling at you thinking £35k is 'superb value' For a 4 pot diesel estate car. It's daylight robbery. And the only reason they're able to charge such extortionate prices is because fools like you pay it and think you're getting a good deal.

the equivalent BM is only £700 cheaper

Ok, well how about this RS3 you've apparently got. Starts at nearly £39k doesn't it? The equivalent car (M135i) started at just over £30k apparently.

You lease your car don't you Eric ?

_Mick_N said...

You lease your car don't you Eric ?

warning Eric - this is a trap, there's no right answer when you're in line for a micking...

--

Cheers

Rich

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular