Forums > Moaning forum > Wobbly Drivers

WOBBLY DRIVERS
Previous | 12 | Next

Something I am noticing more and more even though I am driving less.

Yesterday, Saturday 10.00am on the Wariwck Road Hatton to Warwick, black Rolls Royce Ghost on a memorable private plate drifting all over the place.

At one point as we approached a bend, he drifted half way onto the approaching lane of traffic. I had to sound my horn to reign him in. Passenger turned around to look in discust.

Three seconds later a line of cars came though. On a NSL road that could have made a heck of a mess.

I can only assume he was still drunk from the night before.

We both turned onto the A46, travelled for a minutes maintaining his wobblyness and last second his jumps on the anchors and swerves into the services.

Phones/Sat Nav/Infotainment Systems etc. Actually driving the car is apparently only a minor consideration these days.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

But to someone in a RR everyone else is just a blithering peasant.

The corner cutters have come back round here, spending more time on your side of the road than on theirs. I've started approaching corners right on the white line to get them to move back over.

People fitting horribly wide tyres that tramline horrifically on our roads plus the infotainment systems/smartphones taking a higher priority over actually driving. :shock:

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

I was behind one the other day, she was cutting blind corners and actually went over a blind crest with her offside wheels about 6 inches over the white line. Anything coming the other way wouldn't have had any chance to avoid her. It wasn't even on a narrow road.

--

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

Phones/Sat Nav/Infotainment Systems etc. Actually driving the car is apparently only a minor consideration these days.

Don't forget that you've got to check yourself in the mirror every minute, to make sure your makeup is still perfect, sweetie!

Mwah!

NotoriousREV said...

I was behind one the other day, she was cutting blind corners and actually went over a blind crest with her offside wheels about 6 inches over the white line. Anything coming the other way wouldn't have had any chance to avoid her. It wasn't even on a narrow road.

Also, people 'running out' the corners (IE crossing the white line on the exit of a corner.

Now don't get me wrong, I do this when I have visibility as it's smoother, etc, but I don't do it on blind corners, ever.

More than once I've had to trigger the ABS to avoid a collision with these fvcking retards.

Never mind people who fly around blind corners at 50mph on single track roads. Drive to your visibility you knobbers. :roll:

NotoriousREV said...

about 6 inches over the white line. Anything coming the other way wouldn't have had any chance to avoid her.

I'm talking about half a Rolls Royce on the other side of an A road !

Sorry, didn't realise it was a competition.

--

Jobbo said...

Your figure is 6.411 times less than the width I'm talking about.

Apology accepted Dave.

You forgot the "blind crest" multiplication factor, though.

--

Jobbo said...

Careful Rev - Nath gets an extra 8 points for the HoorayHenry quotient.

Yep, drivers who constantly drift into the middle of the road do my head in as well.

Dan is always drifting all over teh road. I've seen vids n everything.

Been up to see the folks today, had to travel along M6 and tributary roads leading to/from. My word there are some retarded drivers out there :shock: Spray on M6 was horrendous, naturally I had main lights on, wipers on and kept good distances. A worrying amount of other drivers were doing none of the above. :?

And then on A roads I find whole convoys of these tards doing 34mph on NSL sweeping roads (A49 for anyone that knows it!!).

I hope this rain buggers off soon so I can get back to enjoying my bike and ignoring these slow witted fvckwits..

Barry said...

And then on A roads I find whole convoys of these tards doing 34mph on NSL sweeping roads (A49 for anyone that knows it!!).

I feel your pain about the A49. Favourite speed of most seems to be about 42mph, regardless of whether the road is straight, twisty or going through a 30 limit in a village. Morons.

A RR drifting, cool8)

Oh wait...

--

A yellow loltus

People were driving around with no lights, or just sidelights, in this today:

Nice hat.

Someone obviously thought it was nice because when I was pulling away, a Vw T4 transporter (with just sidelights on, no fogs, cos it's not dark, obvs :roll: ) pulled in to the wrong side of the road and someone got out and picked it up. Not in a parking space, just in the wrong carriageway, like.

After about ten seconds of pootling (IE getting some 50m away) they were out of sight. Dread to think what anyone coming the other way would have done.

Un-be-bloody-lievable.

Passed a cyclist riding the wrong way up a one-way street at lunch. He waved at everyone who blew their horn at him, then eventually mounted the pavement to avoid having to go around the roundabout.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

copse said...

Barry said...

I feel your pain about the A49. Favourite speed of most seems to be about 42mph, regardless of whether the road is straight, twisty or going through a 30 limit in a village. Morons.

Yes, this. People these days just seem to ignore speed limits, and travel at one continuous speed regardless of where they are. 42mph sounds about right for the speed they travel at, is there a special 42mph cruise control button I don't know about that gives you a million mpg?

It's especially annoying when you've been stuck behind them waiting for an opportunity to overtake, then go through a village, they build up a gap by speeding through the village and then there's invariably an overtaking spot on the other side when you're not close enough!:evil:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular