Forums > General > iPhone query

IPHONE QUERY
Previous | 1 | Next

Reason for this post is to try and get some advice. Having ordered an iPhone 5 when first released through the Apple online store, everything was fine until about a week ago when the lock button became really stiff and now to lock the device, you have to apply a stupid amount of pressure to make it switch to locked. Other times you have to push the button in to the right hand corner and then at other times the phone locks perfectly normally :shock

Another problem is on the camera, when a picture has been taken there appears to be a dark mark on the bottom right hand corner. Best described as if a shadow, having cleaned the lens I'm 100% certain it's something very small behind the lens. Now like anybody with a faulty product I'd like to get it replaced yet reading online, Apple state they aren't able to accept products that have been ordered online so what the hell am I able to do?

--

Cheers,
James

Throw it at a wall and claim on insurance (if you have any). ;)

Otherwise, go to a genius bar and see what they can do. Also, I would have thought that they have no right to refuse products even if bought over the 'net if it's still under warrenty. :?

Updated February 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM

--

Nuts on the road

Book a Genius appointment and I have a virtual fiver that says they'll swap it on the spot for you, free of charge, regardless of where you bought it. Or that's been my experience with Apple anyway.

Apple Will sort it in shop for you. If they dont make a scene and don't stop until they do. If they still don't, complain to apple direct.

TwinTurbot said...

Reason for this post is to try and get some advice. Having ordered an iPhone 5 when first released through the Apple online store, everything was fine until about a week ago when the lock button became really stiff and now to lock the device, you have to apply a stupid amount of pressure to make it switch to locked. Other times you have to push the button in to the right hand corner and then at other times the phone locks perfectly normally :shock

Another problem is on the camera, when a picture has been taken there appears to be a dark mark on the bottom right hand corner. Best described as if a shadow, having cleaned the lens I'm 100% certain it's something very small behind the lens. Now like anybody with a faulty product I'd like to get it replaced yet reading online, Apple state they aren't able to accept products that have been ordered online so what the hell am I able to do?

Seriously?

Button on my 9month old iPhone 4 went, they just swapped it inshop

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

I didn't have to show a receipt or anything when I had my first iPhone 4 replaced under warranty; it was less than a year from launch so they knew it was still covered. Book a Genius Bar appointment and they'll swap it there and then, but make sure you do a full backup first.

As above, Apple replace them if under warranty (which yours should be). I took my 4s in to an Apple store 2 days before the warranty was up and the swapped it within a couple of minutes.

Make sure you back it up as well before hand, as you won't get chance there.

Updated February 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM

If it has water damage, they'll charge you, otherwise they'll just swap it for a reconditioned one (externally perfect) with 6 months warranty, seemingly regardless of the age if your phone.

--

Cheers

Rich

I had my 3GS replaced a while back, I didn't need proof of purchase either as from the serial number or some other black magic they knew where & when I'd bought it, which confirmed it was in warranty.

You might need to book a Genius Bar appointment in advance. I did it online. I assume that's still how it works.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Rich B said...

If it has water damage, they'll charge you, otherwise they'll just swap it for a reconditioned one (externally perfect) with 6 months warranty, seemingly regardless of the age if your phone.

They'll charge you for a replacement out of warranty, though plenty of people get a goodwill replacement if they drop them. Discretionary... And the warranty on a refurb replacement is 3 months, not 6.

Jobbo said...

Rich B said...

They'll charge you for a replacement out of warranty, though plenty of people get a goodwill replacement if they drop them. Discretionary... And the warranty on a refurb replacement is 3 months, not 6.

i was told 6 months when I got mine replaced.

--

Cheers

Rich

90 days is standard, but if they told you 6 months they can't then deny it.

Jobbo said...

90 days is standard, but if they told you 6 months they can't then deny it.

It's 90 days, says on the paperwork.

If you don't have a store near by then you can use apple care online at apple.com/uk/support

I didn't get any paperwork with my replacement phone - just went in with one phone and came out with another. If they tell you 6 months at the point of sale, that's a representation which you are entitled to rely on.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular