Forums > General > Was the Huayra on TG using hand cut slicks?

WAS THE HUAYRA ON TG USING HAND CUT SLICKS?
Previous | 12 | Next

Some conspiracy theorists think so: Clicky.

Would explain the unfeasible lap time...

(For the hard of clicking, some peeps believe that due to treadwear "holes" rather than "bars" on the tyres and sidewall markings, they were Pirelli slicks hand cut to resemble the (just) road legal P-Zero Corsa track day tyre.)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

This could put the Saville scandal into the shade:lol:

More importantly, can someone tell me why I should care?

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Marv said...

Because JC makes a big deal out of dismissing times by cars that are not road legal, e.g. FXX (or ones he just personally doesn't consider to be a "proper" car, e.g. Caparo T1).

If true, it's surprising Horacio didn't use to work for Ferrari rather than Lamborghini... :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Has it not been super quick in all the reviews?

The evo chaps seemed pretty amazed by the pace in ECOTY.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Marv said...

You probably shouldn't but Pagani clearly do as the result is on the front page of their website. It sets a sad precedent that all the supercar manufacturers will have to follow in order to have a chance of reaching the top, unless TG out them and they re-run the lap on street legal tyres per 'the rules'.

We know its just a daft entertainment show loosely based on cars but unfortunately many millions of worldwide viewers don't see it like that and the TG test track is now a standard bearer as much as the Nuburgring. Mclaren spend a lot of time there and you can be sure Ferrari don't roll up in a car and hand the keys straight to The Stig. Bloody stupid in my opinion but there you go.

I like the way it's become FACT in this thread!

--

Cheers

Rich

Hang on - so it wasn't Ferrari behind 9/11?

Updated February 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I wonder if topgear actually knew about it as they have quite clearly been cut to look exactly like the road legal trackday type tyre pirelli sell.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

I wonder if the Top Gear track is now the new Nurburgring.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

David_Yu said...

Because JC makes a big deal out of dismissing times by cars that are not road legal, e.g. FXX (or ones he just personally doesn't consider to be a "proper" car, e.g. Caparo T1).

Are you able to supply a list of things he doesn't make a big deal about?

Rich B said...

It doesn't look good though does it ;).

JL said...

David_Yu said...

Are you able to supply a list of things he doesn't make a big deal about?

Your opinion.

;)

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

JustMax said...

Rich B said...

It doesn't look good though does it ;).

What that the Mega expensive Hypercar, that the majority of us will never be able to afford, isn't really faster than the other Mega expensive Hypercars we can't afford either?

Pagani might be boasting about the achievement on their website, but anyone shallow enough to buy a car based on it's Top Gear Assessment deserve all they get;)

Updated February 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

It is absolutely impossible to resolve this. There is no way Pagani could challenge Top Gear to provide the tyres if they provide the car. Impossible. IMPOSSIBRU!!

It does look like a funky set of gyres, if that's truly the case then it makes Pagani lose credibility.

Cheating is cheating.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

GraniteV8 said...

It does look like a funky set of gyres, if that's truly the case then it makes Pagani lose credibility.

Cheating is cheating.

Dave!

That's it then , I have cancelled my order and I am never going to buy one of their cars again;)

Bunta said...

Performance wise, there was absolutely nothing between the McLaren MP4 and the Pagani Huayra.

David - try not to take anything Clarkson says with any seriousness!

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Marv said...

Bunta said...

Performance wise, there was absolutely nothing between the McLaren MP4 and the Pagani Huayra.

I must have missed that bit, I only saw the vid hosted up here and Dickie seemed very impressed with how quick it was.

All this "Top Gear track is the new Ring" talk...really?

--

Bunta's Tofu

p7ulg said...

This could put the Saville scandal into the shade:lol:

:lol: GLOL! :lol:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular