Forums > General > Bye bye A3 hello Insignia

BYE BYE A3 HELLO INSIGNIA
Previous | 1 | Next

A3 1.6TDi "Sport" has gone

After my initial thoughts that the fuel economy was no better than the petrol Astra it was actually a dramatic example of how diesels are not that great when cold.

Once some longer journeys were under it's belt the average mpg climbed dramatically.

To drive, I actually got to like it in the end. It was very refined and the excellent leather steering wheel added to the strong feeling of quality throughout.
Bit dull, but that's to be expected.

What I couldn't forgive was the appalling lack of interior space. Dire compared to the Astra and ultimately the reason for its demise.

We should have had a larger car all along, so now we have an Insignia CDTi (160PS) as a new temporary hirecar whilst waiting for the company car situation to get sorted out.
Thoughts to follow, but I'm expecting it to be like a larger Astra...

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

So you got another diesel to replace one that didnt warm up quickly :lol:

Quite like the insignias

(PS there was no choice involved)

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

SimonB said...

Quite like the insignias

Terrible seats according to my sister and she only had it for a few weeks while her Co car was being sorted.

I quite liked the Astra seats at first. The Audi's were too flat and short.
Apparently the Insignias are better than the Astras and actually have some adjustable lumbar support.

--

speedcamera said...

SimonB said...

Quite like the insignias

Terrible seats according to my sister and she only had it for a few weeks while her Co car was being sorted.

I found them pretty bad over longer journey's as well.. Not sure if it's a height thing though, as a few people from work who are taller then me found them comfortable. They are OK cars though, my only other complaint was the steering. Really really light, and no confidence on turn in. If you're using purely for motorway miles though, it's not really an issue.

I've currently got an A3 1.6TDi SE and I agree with you: the steering wheel is very nice, the steering wheel mounted controls are nasty and very cheap feeling. The interior space is dismal, my 8 year old can't comfortably sit behind me and I'm getting 52mpg (on the OBC) on motorway runs which is better than the Seat Leon Ecomotive with the same engine.

Nice car for people who only drive as a means of transport.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Mark BT52 said...

Apparently the Insignias are better than the Astras and actually have some adjustable lumbar support.

such an old man

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular