Forums > General > The lengths I go to, to run an "evo" car.

THE LENGTHS I GO TO, TO RUN AN "EVO" CAR.
Previous | 123 | Next

I am currently fighting all reasonable arguments in my head for getting a practical and efficient car instead of the M3.

I get the train to work every day into london (17miles each way) despite there being parking there, because its way cheaper than racking up boring miles on my M3. I stick a roof rack on it every Sunday to take my bike out when an estate would suit the job so much better. I park it on the road for weeks at a time when I don't have the opportunity to take it out for a blast at the weekend.

It really doesnt suit my "lifestyle" in the slightest, yet still I hope to never sell it!

--

Cheers

Rich

2 cars FTW. This wlll always be the way.

Indeed, sadly one of mine has loads of wheels and is full of strangers though...

--

Cheers

Rich

JL said...

Indeed. Why not get a sheddy estate for the commute and bike miles?

--

Cheers,
Mike

JL said...

I disagree.

I seriously considered getting an economical runabout for commuting and business miles, plus something juicier I could enjoy at the weekends.

Then I realised I would never use the 'fun' car. One car FTW.

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

Surely the M3 is the very definition of a practical performance car? It was built to do the mundane as well as the fun stuff, so don't worry about it.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

caneswell said...

JL said...

I think he's being economical with the truth - commuting 17 miles into London is also going to be much quicker on the train, especially if you commute at normal hours.

--

It's bad enough having to park one car on the street, let alone 2 cars.

Fugly was a lifestyle choice and no doubt my next car will be too.

revels at the ready if you decide to sell Rich ;)

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

caneswell said...

JL said...

i have run two cars before when i had the navara and rx8 - it didn't work for me tbh - I ended up never using the rx8.

The train is £200 a month - I would struggle to run any car for that and I have nowhere to park another car now anyway. Plus if I had another car, the m3 would be even more difficult to justify owning.

--

Cheers

Rich

lepetitoeuf said...

caneswell said...

JL said...

I think he's being economical with the truth - commuting 17 miles into London is also going to be much quicker on the train, especially if you commute at normal hours.

i reckon it would be pretty even time-wise (unless there were snarl ups), it's only Richmond rather than central london most of the time, and i have a 10 minute walk at each end to factor in too.

--

Cheers

Rich

David_Yu said...

Surely the M3 is the very definition of a practical performance car? It was built to do the mundane as well as the fun stuff, so don't worry about it.

It was practical a decade ago when petrol was much cheaper I guess.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Rich B said...

i have run two cars before when i had the navara and rx8 - it didn't work for me tbh - I ended up never using the rx8.

The train is £200 a month - I would struggle to run any car for that and I have nowhere to park another car now anyway. Plus if I had another car, the m3 would be even more difficult to justify owning.

Problem is when you own a practical car and a fun car, the practical car tends to gets used the most because it's um practical :lol:

Stick with the M3 you know you would regret selling it.

Rich B said...

I reckon it would be pretty even time-wise (unless there were snarl ups)

Which is pretty likely if you're reliant on the M4 or M3.

Didn't realise you worked from Richmond, my office is in Twickenham, I cycle through Richmond on my way into work each day.

--

I go to Richmond for the sole purposes of getting a takeaway at The Good Earth and then walking the dogs round the park/river as I munch on my squid. Living the life baby 8)

--

How about not having a sig at all?

It's easy to forget that cars like the M3 etc actually are practical though - I always view the M5 as the unpractical, fun car before remembering it's just a 5-Series with a big engine.

Running a 5 star evo car isn't easy. I use it daily despite it's ferocious power and speed, bloody expensive to run too. Completely impractical, can't park it anywhere without people flocking round it.. But the pure driving thrills make it worth it.

I wish

Remember Al, I'm only rocking 4 1/2 stars though...

--

Cheers

Rich

JL said...

I find 4 to be optimal.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Rich B said...

caneswell said...

JL said...

Yeah, but is an RX8 special enough to get you out in it every time you get the opportunity? :?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular