Forums > General > FS : Mate's Mk1 MX5

FS : MATE'S MK1 MX5
Previous | 1 | Next

Mate selling his fixer-upper MX5.

Nobby said...

1997, 1.8i, last year of mk1, new fabric roof (last year), hardtop, needs some tlc on paintwork, and upholstery, but nothing major.

I've been in it. It's fun. Anyone interested let me know.
Had sills welded for MOT last year.

BRG. Bit of a paint flake on the back bumper iirc.

Beany? ;)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

6 months ticket and 96 furlongs on the steeplechase. Ferret's a whippet, ooh get your hands out of my trousers, Mildred.

Minty.

--

How cheap? Roof and hard top alone could make that worth buying for a few hundred quid.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

I have asked the question. Apparently he is getting a grown-up car, and doesn't want to get "bum-raped by a dealer".

--

He'd probably take a bag of sand. You might have him on FB - he's another aging indie kid ;)

--

So, more than my car cost me - not exactly cheap enough to buy, nick a couple of bits off and scrap!

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

No, I think you'd need to swap hoods and move it on. And he probably wants too much for it.

--

A fixer-upper is not worth more than half what he's asking, tbh. He ought to sell the hard top separately (particularly if it's got a new hood) and take what he can get for the car. They really are worth buttons; I doubt I'd get a grand for mine now even with new suspension, brakes etc.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

If the mechanical bits are sound, he may be best off selling the hood and hardtop and flogging the rest to someone building a MEV Exocet or Mevster.

As Jobbo says, a grand would be way too much for anything needing tlc.

This is a very tempting possible punt. Where is the car? Any more info on spec? Suppose it wont have LSD? :(

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Matt, it's Chesterfield - don't know any more.

--

I've just paid £400 for a fixer upper...

--

artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular