Forums > General > Madness in the Desert

MADNESS IN THE DESERT
Previous | 1 | Next

BBC4 2100 tonight, documentary about the Paris Dakar Rally

Nice one. Thanks

Thanks - hope they play Night Boat To Cairo ;)

ilmostro said...

Thanks - hope they play Night Boat To Cairo ;)

8)

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

cheers.

Thanks for the heads-up!

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Was just about to post this after spotting it while browsing the TV guide 8)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

That was really good 8)

Another lovely motorsport documentary by the BBC.

Wow, just wow :shock:8)
Huge respect for the early competitors, and sad to see how the world developed :(

Marv said...

That was really good 8)

Another lovely motorsport documentary by the BBC.

Enjoyed that, and the 'Kung Fu Fighting' documentary that came on after.

Edit: 2,400bhp! :shock:

Updated February 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

--

Kintegra y0!

good post, cheer

--

Appreciate what you have. Because what you have now is one of the things you once prayed for. runescape accounts buy

Was chatting to Seb (Husseini - I think he came 5th in the quad class) about it - mother of God - what they go through I can't even fathom. 300 kms on the quad just for the liaison stage, then 500 kms at race speed. Fesh-fesh is like quicksand - he got it bogged there once and spent 2 hours (with help from a team-mate) to move it 20m. Then it wouldn't start and his team-mate towed him FOUR HUNDRED KILOMETERS to the stage end. All of it is utter madness, and looks absolutely amazing.

Updated February 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I missed this, but it's repeated (in lovely HD) on BBC HD next Monday...

I remember watching it on eurosport in 80's as a kid of course i didnt understand the politics of it back then.

Cheers

Steve

PugRallye2 said...

I missed this, but it's repeated (in lovely HD) on BBC HD next Monday...

Yeah, I'm sure all the grainy 80s footage will look amazing in hd ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

After watching this it reminded me that Ari Vatanen's autobiography is well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy. There's some very moving stuff in there about his recovery from the horrendous accident he had in the Peugeot.

I remember reading that - a very harrowing write-up of his problems following the accident, but memorable for him suddenly going

(SPOILER)
"and then all of a sudden I felt fine, phew blimey what a relief!"

Or words to that affect.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular