Forums > General > Madness in the Desert

MADNESS IN THE DESERT
Previous | 1 | Next

BBC4 2100 tonight, documentary about the Paris Dakar Rally

Nice one. Thanks

Thanks - hope they play Night Boat To Cairo ;)

ilmostro said...

Thanks - hope they play Night Boat To Cairo ;)

8)

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

cheers.

Thanks for the heads-up!

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Was just about to post this after spotting it while browsing the TV guide 8)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

That was really good 8)

Another lovely motorsport documentary by the BBC.

Wow, just wow :shock:8)
Huge respect for the early competitors, and sad to see how the world developed :(

--

A Christ is for life, not just for dogmas.

Get in the back of the van

Marv said...

That was really good 8)

Another lovely motorsport documentary by the BBC.

Enjoyed that, and the 'Kung Fu Fighting' documentary that came on after.

Edit: 2,400bhp! :shock:

Updated February 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

--

Kintegra y0!

good post, cheer

--

Appreciate what you have. Because what you have now is one of the things you once prayed for. runescape accounts buy

Was chatting to Seb (Husseini - I think he came 5th in the quad class) about it - mother of God - what they go through I can't even fathom. 300 kms on the quad just for the liaison stage, then 500 kms at race speed. Fesh-fesh is like quicksand - he got it bogged there once and spent 2 hours (with help from a team-mate) to move it 20m. Then it wouldn't start and his team-mate towed him FOUR HUNDRED KILOMETERS to the stage end. All of it is utter madness, and looks absolutely amazing.

Updated February 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I missed this, but it's repeated (in lovely HD) on BBC HD next Monday...

I remember watching it on eurosport in 80's as a kid of course i didnt understand the politics of it back then.

Cheers

Steve

PugRallye2 said...

I missed this, but it's repeated (in lovely HD) on BBC HD next Monday...

Yeah, I'm sure all the grainy 80s footage will look amazing in hd ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

After watching this it reminded me that Ari Vatanen's autobiography is well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy. There's some very moving stuff in there about his recovery from the horrendous accident he had in the Peugeot.

I remember reading that - a very harrowing write-up of his problems following the accident, but memorable for him suddenly going

(SPOILER)
"and then all of a sudden I felt fine, phew blimey what a relief!"

Or words to that affect.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular