Forums > General > Chris Harris on 3 wheels with a Cayman

CHRIS HARRIS ON 3 WHEELS WITH A CAYMAN
Previous | 12 | Next

2013 Porsche Cayman S Thrashed - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

8)

I'm usually a big fan, but didn't really enjoy the video nor the color. Also, Harris's notion that you should drop another $25k to change from an 08 or 09 Cayman for the new one seems out of character, when he knows as well as anyone that about $5k of aftermarket will have said Cayman leaving the new one in its dust.

Looks great (and quick) on track. Porsche should do a race series based on one. Clubsport?

Like it a lot, but I think I'd prefer the Boxster just because the option to put the roof down and soak up that lovely flat 6 noise is there. Plus, the Boxster looks eleventy times better than the Cayman IMO.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Want

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

djchocice said...

Like it a lot, but I think I'd prefer the Boxster just because the option to put the roof down and soak up that lovely flat 6 noise is there. Plus, the Boxster looks eleventy times better than the Cayman IMO.

I'd say I have to agree. The Boxster does look better. I'd happily loose the 1% in the handling dept. to gain on the looks and the sound with the roof down.

JohnmcS2000 said...

I'd happily loose the 1% in the handling dept. to gain on the looks and the sound with the roof down.

My 986 Boxster used to sound better with the hood up. Without it I think the sound just used to escape so you didn't hear it as well

Three wheels?
Pff he's not trying hard enough.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Mark BT52 said...

Three wheels?

MIC.

Porsche please make a CS and pit it against Exige S.

--

Kintegra y0!

Coaster said...

Mark BT52 said...

Three wheels?

MIC.

Porsche please make a CS and pit it against Exige S.

Don't read this spoiler if you haven't read the latest issue of Autocar.....

....but Autocar preferred the bone stock Cayman over the Exige S anyway.

--

ShonkySpeedHoleSpeciale

They had a Cayman S in yellow and a standard car in silver at the auto show I went to. The car looked horrible in yellow, it seemed to exaggerate the bulkiness, and looked lovely in silver.

I've got an invite to a preview of the Cayman at my local OPC, I'll book a test drive and confirm how good it is

--

Ben

Ben__B said...

I've got an invite to a preview of the Cayman at my local OPC, I'll book a test drive and confirm how good it is

Just make sure it's not yellow :lol:

Seems to be a very nice and entertaining car though.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I guess this isn't a concern for owners of new Caymans, but how would you access the engine? Most mid engined cars have removable covers and are convertibles but this has a sloping roof down to the back of the car.

The Cayman has a hatchback boot - just remove the carpeted panels to access the engine. Easier than the Boxster which requires you to half open the roof.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Chris at his best.

Intuitive, clear and passionate.

That cone clipping drift @ 8.09 is the icing on the cake.

I am off to the Cayman launch next month and will be drinking copious amounts of free champagne and looking around the Boxster.

The Cayman is overpriced (relative to the Boxster) and not nearly as pretty as the Boxster

Joboo is correct.

There's an access panel behind the seats too for belts, etc:

I don't think there's a great deal you'd need to get under the car for.

hardboiledPhil said...

JohnmcS2000 said...

I'd happily loose the 1% in the handling dept. to gain on the looks and the sound with the roof down.

My 986 Boxster used to sound better with the hood up. Without it I think the sound just used to escape so you didn't hear it as well

Spot on. The misses and I were always arguing on a sunny drive about hood up or down. I liked the noise she liked the engine noise...

simongardner said...

Joboo is correct.

I love seeing the engine of mid-engined cars through their perspex/glass engine covers, but I wouldn't want to see that!

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular