Forums > General > Saab 9-5 2.3 HOT Aero review

SAAB 9-5 2.3 HOT AERO REVIEW
Previous | 1 | Next

I had a test drive of a 9-5 2.3 HOT Aero manuel estate yesterday. This was a standard spec 118,000 mile 250bhp variant.

It's very different to the 330i. The e46 has a very smooth torque curve with no steps whereas when in the Saab the turbo kicks in with a big surge. It's more refined too. I shot up to 90 remarkably easily and it was reminiscent of the drive back from picking up the 530 when I accidentally did 110 on the M4 before deciding to use the cruise control.

The 330i is more of a hooligan and more "evo" and the 9-5 is more grown up.

I always liked the sport seats in the E39/E46 but the Saab seats are leagues ahead!
Yeah, I'm sold on it.

Sadly, the car I drove needed quite a bit doing to it and they weren't interested in PXing the 330i so the search continues.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Ah, another convert! :)

I am trying to get my sensor and mirror fixed, apart from that it is in very good condition! 8)

Remember to get a 2004 onwards to avoid sludging.

I miss the comfort of my 9-5. Comfiest car I've ever been in.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Jimmy Choo said...

I had a test drive of a 9-5 2.3 HOT Aero manuel estate yesterday. This was a standard spec 118,000 mile 250bhp variant.

It's very different to the 330i. The e46 has a very smooth torque curve with no steps whereas when in the Saab the turbo kicks in with a big surge. It's more refined too. I shot up to 90 remarkably easily and it was reminiscent of the drive back from picking up the 530 when I accidentally did 110 on the M4 before deciding to use the cruise control.

I always liked the sport seats in the E39/E46 but the Saab seats are leagues ahead!
Yeah, I'm sold on it.

Sadly, the car I drove needed quite a bit doing to it and they weren't interested in PXing the 330i so the search continues.

I didn't think you looked 50 - you hide your age well :).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Mike Rainbird said...

Jimmy Choo said...

Yeah, I'm sold on it.

I didn't think you looked 50 - you hide your age well :).

Thank you, I'm actually 57.

--

Romantic BDSM

Judging by the cars you are now being swayed towards, I find that completely believable :p ;).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

The previous aim was to get an X350 jaguar xjr. That makes me even older!

--

Romantic BDSM

I'm still enjoying ours.

It seems to have settled down to an average of 25mpg, and is still going well.

My advice would be to look for one with all the extras fitted, so ventilated seats, HK stereo etc.

I'd also try an auto, especially one of the post 03 with flappy paddles. While I do like the manual, and am glad I chose it - I can see how the auto would compliment the car and its dynamics.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular