Forums > General > Le Weekend

LE WEEKEND
Previous | 123 | Next

Starts for me in about 4hrs and can't come soon enough given current workloads :(

Tomorrow: Travel by way of tram, WCML, Eurostar and local train from Timperley to Bruges.

Tomorrow evening-Monday morning: Staying in a lovely little place just off Belfort Tower square. Our only plan is to gorge ourselves on beer, waffles, chocolate and chips with mayo for 4 days, and trying to walk as much of that off inbetween. 8)

I'm yet to be convinced on Belgian beers - I prefer my beer to be under 7% as it starts to get too sweet and acidic beyond that for me. I also prefer either strong maltiness or bitter hoppiness, but I'm willing to extensively test the range of beers available before I draw my conclusions.

Journey is probably a bit long for some people but it doesn't bother us. It's cheap though imo, at £130 return each door to door. Looking forward to it, especially after finally getting round to watching In Bruges for teh first time over the Christmas period.

Belgian Beer is Mahoooooosively overrated

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Replacing broken window on E46, investigating broken door lock on E46, replacing rear break caliper on Passat. Fitting mildly upgraded speakers to E46 doors. Scratching head about speakers for 996.

Unless it's cold out, in which case I'll stay indoors, on the sofa.

--

It's not a Golf

Spending the weekend getting up to speed on my new shiny toy that I got a couple of weeks ago:

:)

Nice bike! Those tires look handy for the current snow, ice & rain in NJ :evil:.

Fri: Going to local "bar" for few beers + "fries" and saying "dude" a lot.

Sat: NYC. Got invited to one of my housemate's work dinner. Then I realised it's $250 per head :lol:. Can't afford it.

Sun: Cycling through the Swamps and see if the deer and bears are out to play.

Updated February 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Nice bike! Those tires look handy for the current snow, ice & rain in NJ :evil:.

Fri: Going to local "bar" for few beers + "fries" and saying "dude" a lot.

Sat: NYC. Got invited to one of my housemate's work dinner. Then I realised it's $250 per head :lol:. Can't afford it.

Sun: Cycling through the Swamps and see if the deers and bears are out play.

Should be deers and bear

Have fun, Bruges is lovely.

Beer & board games for me with a few mates, broken up with a bike ride to a pub somewhere for lunch on Saturday.

Is Brugge the one where every street has a statue of a kid p1ssing or is Brussels?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Friday: Off out to a house party and then into Concert square for a friends birthday, no doubt the bottle of gin and the large amounts of Tequila and Jagermeister will mean I'll be suitably drunk.

Saturday: Nurse hangover, watch the Rugby.

Sunday: Go for a 10k run, watch Rugby again, attempt to finish my dissertation.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Bike looks lovely Seb, same model as my mates iirc.

Friday - Swear at seized rear hub on my Commencal until it unseizes. Maybe some drinkies

Sat - MTBing hopefully

Sun - Supposedly digging the allotment, but it think frost may stop play.

Rock and roll!

--

Hungry Hungry Hippos at the Ritz champion 2012.

Bruges is fantastic.

My weekend started yesterday, currently in Edinburgh; coming home Sunday. Missing the karting and a mate's 40th on Saturday.

_ said...

Nice - DH is not my thing but as a Specialized guy, I heartily approve :D

Friday - Take Nipper to BMA, followed by a Curry

Saturday - Take Road Tyres off bike and fit off roaders again. Hang a few blinds as part of the on-going house improvements. Paint Bathroom wall. If I can, might nip down to Daytona to take some surreptitious, Pap stylee pics of the Karting ;)

Sunday - Woburn woods in the morning. Taking Nipper and his cousins to Wreck it Ralf in the afternoon.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

_ said...

Spending the weekend getting up to speed on my new shiny toy that I got a couple of weeks ago:

Excellent, can't go wrong with a Specialized 8)

My cousin is trying to persuade me to switch my '09 Stumpjumper FSR for an Epic now they've gone 29er.

Updated February 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

--

It's not a Golf

Nice bike, Seb! 8)

If I can shake off this God-awful viral thing that's laying me low, I shall be in Sheffield watching some mates compete in BUCS and trying to get out on my bike for only the second time this year.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Fri - CoD
Sat - some trendy bars in london
Sun - maybe rude, then poker night

Good laid back but sociable weekend.

Nice steed Seb, where are you planning on taking it, it's a bit big for most places! 8)

--

Cheers

Rich

Cheers for the bike props. She's a sexy beast and no mistake!

Not really sure where it's going this weekend. We're doing a full day on the uplift at Cwmcarn tomorrow though - it's not my favourite spot to ride, but while the track isn't that exciting it is wide open and fast, and long, so it's a good place to get used to going quick again.

There's a race on at Forest of Dean that I might be roped into doing, but think I'd prefer just to ride. Possibly going down to Gawton as some friends are heading that way.

Oh, and the materials nerds might be interested that the front half of the frame is carbon fiber. Ooh la la :)

Updated February 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Karting on Saturday, online high stakes cribbage on sunday.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Friday - Err dunno, not much. Takeaway and CoD as well probably.

Saturday - Taking the missus to the opera (her Xmas present). Might try and catch the first half of the rugby if timings allow!

Sunday - Not much, maybe take the car out if the weather is suitable. Looking forward to using it even more now I've got a stereo that allows me more music options.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Dinny_G said...

Belgian Beer is Mahoooooosively overrated

Yet drinking beer in Belgium cannot be rated enough. Especially when accompanied by a bucket of mussels.

--

"Evana is witty and seemingly unfazed by anything"

"Ninja poster. Emerges from shadows deals killer blow/ comedy gold and disapearred from whence she came."

Tastefully kinky

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular