Forums > General > Bluetooth mouse thread

BLUETOOTH MOUSE THREAD
Previous | 12 | Next

Wasn't there a thread on here somewhere recently about mice, of the bluetooth variety?

I can't find it.

I need a new mouse.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Clicky

Ta.

I'm none the wiser. :lol:

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Logitech or Microsoft, pay more than £15 and you won't be disappointed.

Head to a PC World or similar largeish place with 'em on display to get a feel in the hand and for the weighting of them.

The Microsoft comfort 6000 I got for c£15 from Amazon is spot on for me.

Every bluetooth mouse I've tried has been rubbish and eaten batteries at an astounding rate.

Currently have a Logitech Anywhere MX (which uses the tiny USB dongle) which is ace. Even tracks OK on glass.

I'm amazed that the bluetooth mouse on my mac mini is still alive. I've come so close to bludgeoning it to death a number of times. Chews through batteries like there's no tomorrow, loses connection somehow if I move it 3m across the room (but will reconnect, so not a range issue), and takes about 30 seconds to reconnect when it's lost signal or been powered off. Utter shite.

My logitech USB one on my PC on the other hand? Love it, works flawlessly. Batteries seem to last forever, it never loses connection, and if I turn it off and on again (which I never do other than to test it just now) it takes only a second or two to work again.

#fuckbluetooth

Speedcamera is correct. Buy a Mac then buy a Magic Mouse. Nothing else comes close.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Logitech Performance MX.

I ended up getting two.
Rechargeable, and lasts a good 2 weeks with solid all day use.
Works on glass and other surfaces that normally give laser mice a hard time.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

NotoriousREV said...

Speedcamera is correct. Buy a Mac then buy a Magic Mouse. Nothing else comes close.

I disagree, it's not as comfortable as the MS/Logitech mice for long term use and the multitouch gestures are a bit of a waste on that small surface. It's a good mouse, but compared to the equivelant price 'normal' mice it's not all that IMHO.

The magic trackpad, however, really is great, and well worth investigating. Moreso if you have a Mac in your possession (Where the multitouch stuff is great) but even on a PC it's a lovely bit of kit, very solid, good size, nice to use, etc.

Updated February 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

use one of these for work: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/v470-cordless-laser-mouse-for-bluetooth?osid=14&bit=64 not sure if you can still get them but seems to last about 6 months on a set of duracells, got it from the bay for about £15 I think.

Carl.

Beany said...

NotoriousREV said...

I disagree, it's not as comfortable as the MS/Logitech mice for long term use and the multitouch gestures are a bit of a waste on that small surface. It's a good mouse, but compared to the equivelant price 'normal' mice it's not all that IMHO.

The magic trackpad, however, really is great, and well worth investigating. Moreso if you have a Mac in your possession (Where the multitouch stuff is great) but even on a PC it's a lovely bit of kit, very solid, good size, nice to use, etc.

I thnik some of the multi touch features on the magic mouse are useful, although do turn some off.

The trackpad is also a good idea if you are mac based plus have an ipad as it's similar methods of control.

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

Beany said...

NotoriousREV said...

I bought the magic mouse (replaced the terrible Apple scroll wheeled mouse before it) before getting an iMac last year and opted for the trackpad instead. I hardly touch the trackpad but really like the Magic Mouse. I though the trackpad would have the same glass like surface of the laptops but it's rougher and doesn't encourage me to use it.

Speaking of Apple - isn't it about time they "Changed every thing - again" as it's gone a bit quiet over there at the moment?

New Mac Pros, allegedly, or at least a similar professional-level system, should be out before the end of the year.

Beany said...

New Mac Pros, allegedly, or at least a similar professional-level system, should be out before the end of the year.

I thought they'd left the pro arena for good? Apart from expansion, there's not much of a reason for choosing the current Mac Pro over a fully specced iMac. And you still need a screen.

Magic Trackpad thing really is very good. Have ditched the mouse at home now.

Yes, new Mac Pros due this year. If you need the processing power, aility to upgrade components easily and RAID there's still a market for them. Will be interesting to see what they look like.

Will their new thing be some sort of watch based on current rumours and patents?

--

Cheers,

Mike.

I see Apple gradually giving up on the phone and tablet market in the next couple of years.

There's just no way to compete with the relentless onslaught of updates and new models using Android.

Already the HTC One makes the iPhone5 look archaic and the gap is only going to get bigger. They need a new area of tech to superficially revolutionise now.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

NotoriousREV said...

While I found mine fine for desktop messing, internet stuff and general work I had to get a Razer for games and when I use multi-monitors as I need more precious movement for certain applications.

Also the magic mouse gave me major hand cramps, but it is a good option if you are a mac user - just not for me is all.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular