Forums > General > Citroen fits black box as standard

CITROEN FITS BLACK BOX AS STANDARD
Previous | 1 | Next

Clicky

Hope this doesn't catch on :?

You know better than most about the black boxes since you work in insurance but agreed I do hope this doesn't catch on

--

Cheers,
James

Fortunately it's "as standard" but on a "special edition" - in other words it is actually optional but bundled in an equipment package.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Alex88 said...

Clicky

Hope this doesn't catch on :?

Hope it doesn't lead to insurance firms loading up premiums for drivers that don't have them fitted to their cars in the future . You know 'because even though you haven't clammed, we don't know how your driving' kind of thing. :roll:

I would actively avoid any car with such a device. That is a ridiclulous idea unless for young drivers trying to prove they drive sensibly.

Are our INsurance companies now going employ people to sift through your data on an individual basis? Load of pish.

Insurance companies can kiss my hole. :evil:

cars record basic data like speed on air bag deployment

the EU is trying to get GPS tracking installed onto all new cars from 2014 so that they can call for assistance in the event of an accident

with the added bonus of road pricing and auto speeding fines

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Interesting article about these boxes - Click

Alex88 said...

Unsurprising technology fail - would presumably mean that anyone could lawyer up and argue that unless there is corroborating evidence the data is useless.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

Alex88 said...

Unsurprising technology fail - would presumably mean that anyone could lawyer up and argue that unless there is corroborating evidence the data is useless.

Hopefully this happens quite often, there is hope for us all yet.

They pick up and penalise you for harsh braking? Well there's an excuse if you ever drive into the back of a car...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

They pick up and penalise you for harsh braking? Well there's an excuse if you ever drive into the back of a car...

but you can simply ignore filtering traffic on side roads, pedestrian crossings, red lights, which side of the m-way you are on etc

as long as you are driving steadily and below the speed limit you are a safe driver

Updated February 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

If that day comes, you're might as well get a self-driving car.

speedcamera said...

Hope it doesn't lead to insurance firms loading up premiums

No, insurance companies would never do anything like that ;)

p7ulg said...

speedcamera said...

Hope it doesn't lead to insurance firms loading up premiums

No, insurance companies would never do anything like that ;)

What was i thinking? :roll: ;)

I do not want this in my car :evil:

--

Moon on a stick.

nuttinnew said...

I do not want this in my car :evil:

Yes / Yes (about 8 seconds in)

Don't Citroen offer 'free' insurance on their 'little' cars?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular