Forums > Moaning forum > Grossly over exaggerating

GROSSLY OVER EXAGGERATING
Previous | 12 | Next

Dad just came back home after leaving something at work all angry and cussing the car. I asked him what happened. He tells me, "the fucking engine has blown!"
Upon further questioning it appears that it is just leaking water out of the radiator or something like that.
:roll:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Seems like its just the upper radiator hose, thankfully.

Updated February 19, 2013 at 12:36 AM

--

Hopefully it happened at the start of the drive and he's fvcked the head.

Could be fucked.

As others have said, could be fucked.

And 'over exaggeration' is a grammatical wasteland. He was exaggerating; alternatively he was overstating the facts.

Lawyers have to be precise with words, y'know.

--

Dreaming big, achieving little.

Looks like someone Is deliberately sabotaging the engine.

Cheers

Steve

We had a closer look this morning when the car wasn't so hot (it stinks of boiled eggs :? ), the hose was fine, what happened was that the thing it fits onto has sheared a thread which got stuck inside the hose (the brown threaded thing in the picture). This stopped the hose fitting back on and the clamp somehow also got fvcked.
Went to B&Q and found another metal clamp for 99p and stuck it on, bled the system with fresh antifreeze and the bodge job has survived a 130 mile trip to Whitstable and back just now 8)

Car doesn't seem fvcked. I reckon it will need to go in sometime to have all of those hoses and crap replaced though as they all look pretty brittle. Just proud we didn't have to call the AA.

Also, pretty p1ssed that the BMW TIS thing has gone offline now ...

--

The oiled egg smell is caused by boiling water mixing with oil, which causes the oil to degenerate. Water plus oil means a gasket somewhere in the system has leaked, boiling water is caused by a drop in pressure in the system (pipe coming off) and oil paste with no lubricating properties doing a 130 mile trip through the engine will be a nice way to destroy the rotating assembly in the engine.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I think you're wrong.

--

Mito Man said...

That's because you are a moron

_Steveo_ said...

Looks like someone Is deliberately sabotaging the engine.

Cheers

Steve

REV.

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

I'm nowhere near Canterbury.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Would a modern BMW light up like a xmas tree if it had overheated?

Mito Man said...

Coming from the mechanic genius who didn't even know what coolant consisted of...

carlos said...

Would a modern BMW light up like a xmas tree if it had overheated?

It didn't have a chance to light up, the hose came straight off, outside the fire station on Kings Road (convenient really) :lol: showered him in steam so he turned it off. Let it cool, managed to fit it back and water it where it blew off again as he got home.

--

Mmm. Air gaps in the cooling system. Mmm.

Beany said...

Definitely fvcked, the boiling water pulls the surface off the metal worsening the damage (plus the over heating)

Isn't the car still within warranty, cos it isn't now :?

Seems to be that time of the month for beemers. My fathers 8 series has decided to pop a hose aswell :roll:

2nd time in 3 months isn't bad going :lol:

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Orange Cola said...

Beany said...

Definitely fvcked, the boiling water pulls the surface off the metal worsening the damage (plus the over heating)

Isn't the car still within warranty, cos it isn't now :?

It's coming up on 10 years soon. So obviously no warranty.

--

drophead said...

Seems to be that time of the month for beemers. My fathers 8 series has decided to pop a hose aswell :roll:

2nd time in 3 months isn't bad going :lol:

If more than one hose pops, suspect head gasket problems.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular