Forums > General > Warranty cover

WARRANTY COVER
Previous | 1 | Next

I'm considering getting a warranty for the Mazda (not at least spurred on by Jobbo's tale of woe on the 545i).

What would be the best recommendation? A genuine Mazda warranty or 3rd party?

Although the 6 is far less complex than the 545 it still has a modern diesel engine with turbot, etc.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

From my understanding 3rd part warranties tend to not apply to anything that actually goes wrong.

Whats the price difference between the Mazda and the thirdparty warranties.

Cheers

Steve

Updated February 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My two experiences of 3rd party warranties have convinced me they're simply not worth the paper they're written on and are too expensive to be considered good value for loo roll.

Stick some money aside each month instead.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Cheers

Steve

_Steveo_ said...

From my understanding 3rd part warranties tend to not apply to anything that actually goes wrong.

Whats the price difference between the Mazda and the thirdparty warranties.

Cheers

Steve

Have yet to find out - Mazda's website isn't exactly helpful.

--

DeskJockey
---

I would never touch one again and would implore you not to.
I had a third party extended warranty on a 172 Cup years ago.
The only time I put a claim in was for a faulty ignition, and they refused the claim as I was 1000 miles late for the last service interval. When I (obviously) raised a grievance I received the old "sorry sir, it's in our terms and conditions" line. Since when was the ignition a service item?
All insurance companies are turf accounts, who try to at all costs to avoid paying out when they lose. Or another way of putting it is crooks.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

My only experience is with BMW's extended warranty and it was good value (I was 10x up). My local dealer was always happy to see me knowing that any faults they found would be rectified :D

My tuna likes the AA £500 cover they offer as he says they very rarely try to worm out of a claim, but obviously cover is limited but cheap.

I can't imagine anyone can get Mazda parts cheaper than Mazda so you'd have thought their's would be the better option. They've also got more to lose from gaining a bad reputation.

--

Cheers,
Mike

BMW and Audi 'official' warranties are actually Mondial with branding, so worth seeing if Mondial offer anything directly. Otherwise, manufacturer's warranty only.

I have BMW comprehensive warranty with european breakdown cover built in, it's the Mondial organised one Jobbo mentioned.

Obviously it's all a gamble, but since I've just had all of the door locks replaced and a gearbox leak fixed plus under tray replaced, all under warranty, I've become a big fan of them.

--

Large format print & graphics

Official Mazda (provided by Mondial or Lombard) is £770 for a year or more than 10% of what I paid for the car.

--

DeskJockey
---

Pay £65 a month into a savings account. If anything does go wrong (unlikely) there's your fund for fixing it. If nothing goes wrong, then you have a nice little amount to put towards your next car.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular