Forums > General > Ran my first half marathon today!

RAN MY FIRST HALF MARATHON TODAY!
Previous | 1 | Next

I've only been running for 9 months and have been struggling with an injury since November.

Well, I did it! Enjoyed every minute of it!! Didn't stop/walk once and made my way around in 02h08m

I know it's not super quick but c'mon......it's my first half and I couldn't run for a bus last April.

The knee is a bit achey now though!

Bring on the biggie in April now!!

Updated February 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Well done! I hate running and therefore admire you for going through with it.

Well done 8)

I wish I had taken up running when I was younger.

Cheers Guys...I took it up at the tender age of 41! I'm feeling 91 at the moment! :D

McSwede said...

Well done! I hate running and therefore admire you for going through with it.

This. I can cycle a fair way but I've never been able to run more than a couple of miles in one go.

That some people actually enjoy it absolutely baffles me!

--

This ^

Impressive. Well done.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Congrats! The telling factor will be how quickly you start looking for the NEXT race ;)

Well done, get yir feet up and bask in the glory!

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Well done 8)
(they should have invented the quarter marathon for me :P )

Updated February 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Well done, that's a long way :D

Now grab yourself a Duff and relax 8)

Congrats, I'm running my first half in a month and I'm aiming to run it in around 2 hours, god knows if I will manage to do it though.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Andy G said...

I've only been running for 9 months and have been struggling with an injury since November.

Well, I did it! Enjoyed every minute of it!! Didn't stop/walk once and made my way around in 02h08m

I know it's not super quick but c'mon......it's my first half and I couldn't run for a bus last April.

The knee is a bit achey now though!

Bring on the biggie in April now!!

London in April? :shock:

Well done, great effort.

--

Andy G said...

Well done! Was it at Brighton half marathon?

--

Kintegra y0!

Cheers Guys....knee is less achey now and a few beers have been had.

Good luck DJC with yours...I enjoyed every step! Crazy as it sounds!! I couldn't run for a bus 9 months ago!!

Yes, Coaster it was Brighton...my home turf. :D

Updated February 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Andy G said...

Ha ha good stuff, my home turf too; the weather was glorious on Sunday.

I do some running on the seafront but usually no more than 6 miles; been a bit lazy though and haven’t run for a few weeks (since the snow).

Give me a wave if you see a red Integra.

--

Kintegra y0!

Coaster said...

Andy G said...

Ha ha good stuff, my home turf too; the weather was glorious on Sunday.

I do some running on the seafront but usually no more than 6 miles; been a bit lazy though and haven’t run for a few weeks (since the snow).

Give me a wave if you see a red Integra.

I'll look out for ya bud! And seriously....a BIG thanks for being my first (and only) sponsor!! ;)

Guys...if any of you could sponsor me I'd be eternally grateful. I'm no runner....indeed I could barely run for a bus 9 months ago but I got possessed by the crazy idea to run a marathon in memory of my wee sis who passed away back in 2011.

Cheers guys. :)

You're welcome; good luck!

--

Kintegra y0!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular