Forums > General > FAO MitoBoy

FAO MITOBOY
Previous | 123456 | Next

If I were headed towards a career in the legal profession, I'd be very careful over my internet footprint and the kind of things I wrote in public places as you never know when these things will bite you in the arse. Don't think that potential employers won't look for these types of things. Food for thought, David Sales, Dave Sales, DSales etc.

--

Out of step with the forum.

An excellent piece of advice that he would do well to heed.

Ah the innocence of youth.

Cheers

Steve

And don't think about editing stuff - that's why some of us have a habit of quoting your posts in replies...

Quoting for posterity ;)

NotoriousREV said...

If I were headed towards a career in the legal profession, I'd be very careful over my internet footprint and the kind of things I wrote in public places as you never know when these things will bite you in the arse. Don't think that potential employers won't look for these types of things. Food for thought, David Sales, Dave Sales, DSales etc.

Do tell

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Nothing to tell, really, except that the larger law firms that look to take on the best graduates will fully research any applicants. Some graduates have already found that those drunken pictures publically posted on Facebook have cost them jobs. I should imagine that any law firm who saw a prospective employee display socially unacceptable views on such things as tragic deaths or university placements etc. would quickly move on to the next name on the list. For example.

--

My Facebook is fine, this is the only place a post on, thankfully my name is common as muck, my surname is different. This just leaves 'David.' Of which there must be millions.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

The question you need to ask yourself is are the attempts at winding people up worth the risk to your future career success?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl=en&q=david%20sales&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42553238,d.bGE&biw=1698&bih=767&wrapid=tlif136110578344111&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&ei=kdMgUeGjCMr64QSH5IGAAw#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=david+sales+evo&oq=david+sales+evo&gs_l=serp.3..0i8i30.15409.16755.2.17831.3.3.0.0.0.0.143.384.0j3.3.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.3.psy-ab.1nxrXeSEXgs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=aba03d2b3d5aa97a&biw=1698&bih=767

Cheers

Steve

Updated February 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

As I have said, Sales is not my legit surname, it's sort of translated. Have you ever seen a Chinese person with a European name but then you found out their real name is something Chinese? It's like that.
For the purposes of all my applications and proper paperwork that's in my real name. It's only afterwards I tell people to call me Sales to save them from guessing how to say my middle name after a very embarrassing moment when I was small where the headmaster mispronounced my name when giving out awards in front of the whole school and parents.

--

Mito Man said...

Being cocky

Heed the warning Sales, i'm sure Rev doesnt want to leave this here ;)

Yeah ive been bombareded with this info at college teachers and such telling us 'younguns' to make sure our twitters and facebooks look good when applying for jobs. never really thought anything of it.

recently though due to twitter mongols getting into arguments teachers have started looking at peoples twitters and have found some rather unsavoury tweets e.g. 'miss murhpy is such a c*nt' luckily mines private :lol:

--

Pain don't hurt

Mito Man said...

My Facebook is fine, this is the only place a post on, thankfully my name is common as muck, my surname is different. This just leaves 'David.' Of which there must be millions.

Great reply. "It's fine for me to carry on being a cvnt because nobody knows who I am."

Dad's a dentist isn't he?

--

This ^

Leave him to it, he's still young enough to know everything.

--

carlos said...

Mito Man said...

Being cocky

There's no threat here, just advice.

--

NotoriousREV said...

carlos said...

Mito Man said...

Being cocky

There's no threat here, just advice.

Good advice.

240PP said...

Mito Man said...

Great reply. "It's fine for me to carry on being a cvnt because nobody knows who I am."

Yes. And it takes 30 seconds on Google to find him.

--

Yep :lol:

--

This ^

I usually try to stay away from the DSales bashing, I think most of his posts are alright and wouldn't get such a reaction if they were posted by most other members. The comments about the rally crash last night crossed the line massively though, and there's been a few others recently. The motorsports community is quite tight knit, I'm sure a lot read Evo and I wouldn't be suprised if someone who knew the deceased read the thread about the crash on here. Remember, there's a lot more people read this forum than actually post on it.

I know in the past I've made some posts myself which were in pretty poor taste, but I like to think I've learnt from that. It's best to just not post anything that might embarrass you if anyone who knows you, or anyone who knows the person you're talking about, reads it.

--

Entirely pointless

NotoriousREV said...

240PP said...

Mito Man said...

Yes. And it takes 30 seconds on Google to find him.

And how long to SEO the shit out of him so all searches relating to his name point to some of his more obnoxious online accounts? ;)

Updated February 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I have a Google Adwords voucher I'm not using.

--

Oh fvck not my chatterbate account :shock:

--

Previous | 123456 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular