Forums > General > Death crash policewoman escapes prosecution for being on mobile

DEATH CRASH POLICEWOMAN ESCAPES PROSECUTION FOR BEING ON MOBILE
Previous | 12 | Next

Grinning cunt

Apologies if I'm slow with this.

--

Waiting to die.

They will let anyone be in the police these days

Updated February 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

How is that not death by careless driving, regardless of whether she was on the phone or not?? Surely pulling out in front if a non-speeding motorbike and killing the rider is exactly that!

Or are the Daily Fail reporting incorrectly for a change?

--

Cheers,
Mike

What this does is set a precedent for others. How many others will now say that it was on their lap. You were on the phone, end of.
The police "do as I say not as I do":evil:
And they wonder why the public don't like them.

--

For sure

It too made my blood boil. Whilst true that the police are often despised for their 'don't do as I do, do as I say' attitude, in this instance the police were pushing for prosecution, and it was the Criminal Protection Services who blocked it.
Regardless, I can't fathom how she has got off scott free.

Updated February 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Disgraceful decision by the CPS.

One of the funniest police 'don't do as I do do as I say' stories in my personal experience. For this to make sense note that in 2006 I had a 5 week ban for a 108mph in a 70:

My rather drunk friend after a World Cup match decided to climb on some central reservation bollards, before one of them gave way under him sending him and it to the floor.
Unfortunately for him there were 2 coppers in a V70 driving past at the time who promptly nicked him.

On the way back to the station they drove at 110 in a 60 which my friend exclaimed "my mates just been banned for going less than you in a 70, how come you think it's OK?!"
The response from passenger cop was "he's trained to drive at this speed"
My friend retorted "yeah, I'm trained to climb on plastic bollards but you still f*cking nicked me!"

Updated February 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

caneswell said...

How is that not death by careless driving, regardless of whether she was on the phone or not?? Surely pulling out in front if a non-speeding motorbike and killing the rider is exactly that!

Exactly what I thought; looking at the pictures it seems the car had a "give way" sign on the road it was coming from.

Updated February 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Ron Burgundy said...

What this does is set a precedent for others. How many others will now say that it was on their lap. You were on the phone, end of.
The police "do as I say not as I do":evil:
And they wonder why the public don't like them.

It doesn't set fvck all precedents...

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Absolutely unbe-fvcking-lievable.

How is having the phone on speaker ON YOUR FRIGGING LAP legal?
How is pulling out on a motorbike not an offence regardless of whether death was caused?
How the hell is she not being prosecuted for LYING TO THE POLICE when she initially claimed she was not on the phone?
WHY is she grinning like an idiot on her way to a hearing about her causing the death of an innocent man?

Too much wrongness in one story...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

How is pulling out on a motorbike not an offence regardless of whether death was caused?
How the hell is she not being prosecuted for LYING TO THE POLICE when she initially claimed she was not on the phone?
WHY is she grinning like an idiot on her way to a hearing about her causing the death of an innocent man?

Hear hear.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

David_Yu said...

Hear hear.

AGREED.

--

An automotive photographer...check it out! www.facebook.com/zaidhamidphotography

A fella I know had his phone in his lap on loudspeaker taking a call. A police car pulls alongside in traffic, three points thank you very much.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

I got 3 points for "Contravening double white lines". I didn't know how to fight the case, and just rolled over. Anyway, it's a regular occurrence to see police cars doing the very same thing, in the very same place, that I was nicked for doing it. Pricks.

Red Road

RichardMajor86 said...

I got 3 points for "Contravening double white lines". I didn't know how to fight the case, and just rolled over. Anyway, it's a regular occurrence to see police cars doing the very same thing, in the very same place, that I was nicked for doing it. Pricks.

Red Road

You were lucky to only get 3 points. That was what Tim Milne did when they prosecuted him for dangerous driving and he got banned for 12 months!
He basically overtook a line of cars (including unfortunately an unmarked police car) and rejoined his side of the road just after the start of solid white lines.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

RichardMajor86 said...

Red Road

You were lucky to only get 3 points. That was what Tim Milne did when they prosecuted him for dangerous driving and he got banned for 12 months!
He basically overtook a line of cars (including unfortunately an unmarked police car) and rejoined his side of the road just after the start of solid white lines.

Yeah, but wasn't he driving an Evo? Clearly an ASBO waiting to happen :roll:

Do we know if that photo was actually her going to court though?

I must admit I thought the no phone in hand legislation stated that the phone had to be in a hard point cradle rather than just on your knee?

As read that story does make you despair at "justice" :(

caneswell said...

+1

"Despite a police investigator saying that Collette Carpenter ‘very likely contributed’ to the accident"

"Very likely contributed" as in if she had not pulled out of the junction there would not have been an accident

Updated February 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM

How come walkie talkies are legal?

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

I'd have thought there was a possibility of death by dangerous driving for pulling out on someone, or driving without due care and attention. Regardless of being on the phone.

How long before the same defence doesn't work for someone else.

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular