Forums > General > What have (car) thieves left behind?

WHAT HAVE (CAR) THIEVES LEFT BEHIND?
Previous | 123 | Next

Chatting with the wife last night and she reminded me about the time her Polo got broken in to and they took the stereo along with all her CDs but left one behind - Steps Gold.

So, what have (car) thieves left behind?

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Credit Card amazingly - had been left in the glovebox. Smash and grab took coins from the center console but left the card

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Ok, not CAR thieves, but it happened recently so I thought it was worth a mention. They cut my bike chain, and took it, leaving behind the brand new bike it was securing!

Pranksters, maybe? Heard someone coming? Or just couldn't work out the clip-in pedals? Whichever way, needless to say, I was relieved, and replaced it with a much stronger chain.

When I was a teenager, my Dad's Maestro got nicked from his work car park and was dumped, coincidentally, half a mile up the road from where we live. They took all the tapes (of which he had a lot) but left behind "Changing Faces - The Very Best of 10cc and Godley & Creme". They'd actually gone through all the tapes and pulled that one out (he had a carry case in the car with the tapes in).

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

When my ctr was pinched they threw out my badminton raquets in town which I got back. Kept my golf clubs so sorta sporty.

Our home was robbed one day and the thieves pinched various items including the tv remote control. They left the tv. Cursed the bastards everytime I watched the box until the insurance replaced the zapper. :roll:

they left the shell of my sapphire cossie

took the inside, boot, bumpers, doors, engine, gearbox, suspension, wheels etc

:(

Updated February 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

--

WIBBLE

Ascender said...

Chatting with the wife last night and she reminded me about the time her Polo got broken in to and they took the stereo along with all her CDs but left one behind - Steps Gold.

So, what have (car) thieves left behind?

I remember a Viz letter congratulating burglars with a sense of humour. They had broken into this guys house and stolen lots of stuff including CDs; except one - 'There is Nothing Left to Lose' by the Foo Fighters :D

--

Large format print & graphics

I've never been a victim of car crime :shock:

Eric Pisch said...

they left the shell of my sapphire cossie

took the inside, boot, bumpers, doors, engine, gearbox, suspension, wheels etc

:(

That happened with one of my Minis. They even took the headlining and window trims. All I got back was literally a bare shell.

One of my mates older brothers (who was "a bit of a lad") supposedly built a complete Cossie from bits he paid people to smuggle out of various Ford factories/warehouses. I don't know how true it was, but that was the rumour around him.

--

My parents live on a corner which is on the route between the town centre and some student halls. As we could only fit four cars in the driveway/garage (behind 6' gates), we often had cars parked on the road. In the 90's, when vandalism was de rigeur for students, we had a huge variety of petty damage done to our cars.

It would range from aerials snapped to roofs slashed, dented panels from car running, the list was endless.

--

NotoriousREV said...

One of my mates older brothers (who was "a bit of a lad") supposedly built a complete Cossie from bits he paid people to smuggle out of various Ford factories/warehouses. I don't know how true it was, but that was the rumour around him.

There was a guy who lived 5 mins from the Land Rover factory who built his own Range Rover this way. :shock:

He was charged a few years ago mind.

N said...

NotoriousREV said...

There was a guy who lived 5 mins from the Land Rover factory who built his own Range Rover this way. :shock:

He was charged a few years ago mind.

Was his name Johnny Cash?

Updated February 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

--

A large kit-chen knife out of my kit-chen was found in the door bin of my car when it was recovered.

I was very pleased to have slept through the break in!

WTF - why is the word 'kit-chen' censored?!

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

Audio_Chris said...

A large kit-chen knife out of my kit-chen was found in the door bin of my car when it was recovered.

I was very pleased to have slept through the break in!

WTF - why is the word 'kit-chen' censored?!

Because of spam-mers.

--

They stole: A dirty pair of Levis and a pair of trainers.

They left: Two expensive jackets, a new electric shaver, JVC stereo, wallet(!) that was in the side pocket.

:roll:

--

This ^

Dinny_G said...

Credit Card amazingly - had been left in the glovebox. Smash and grab took coins from the center console but left the card

to be clear - they rifled thhrough the glovebox and left the card

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

240PP said...

They stole: A dirty pair of Levis and a pair of trainers.

They left: Two expensive jackets, a new electric shaver, JVC stereo, wallet(!) that was in the side pocket.

:roll:

they wanted something to sniff :shock:

--

WIBBLE

This was years ago, my parents were going to the tip to throw some things away and I went a long as we were going to get lunch before, stopped off somewhere and the car got broken into. Thieves thought it was valuable stuff so they took away about 10 of those big black rubble sacks full of bricks, wood and dirt :lol:
Thankfully the tw@ts left my Gameboy Advance :D

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Dinny_G said...

Dinny_G said...

to be clear - they rifled thhrough the glovebox and left the card

to be honest, what would the average thief do with a credit card? Can't buy anything in a shop without a pin, can't buy anything online without knowing more details, all with the raised risk of getting caught.

--

Cheers

Rich

Mito Man said...

This was years ago, my parents were going to the tip to throw some things away and I went a long as we were going to get lunch before, stopped off somewhere and the car got broken into. Thieves thought it was valuable stuff so they took away about 10 of those big black rubble sacks full of bricks, wood and dirt :lol:
Thankfully the tw@ts left my Gameboy Advance :D

That didn't happen.

--

This ^

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular