Forums > General > Going to the dark side

GOING TO THE DARK SIDE
Previous | 1234567 | Next

I'm going to get a diesel. Yes, I've said it. Having driven an E90 330d (bit unrefined after the 545), an Audi A4 3.0TDI (rather lovely actually but I couldn't help but be swayed to an S4 since they're a similar price) and almost been tempted by a deal on a Merc C320CDI (despite not having driven it), I can't see past a bargain lease on an F30 330d MSport. £2,200 down and £371.99 a month for 3 years. I'll halve my fuel bill and save the £68 a month warranty on the 545i; I'm effectively paying about £150 a month to swap a 146k mile car for a brand new one. No brainer. Even the performance figures are similar. And if you take into account the £2k+ I've spent on maintenance on the 545 over the last year compared to approximately zero on a new 330d, it'll be cheaper to have a new car.

Comes with nav, leather, metallic (so it won't be white) etc. Debating whether to add heated seats which will be about £9 a month extra. Otherwise, I'm going to place the order. My first diesel :( But equally :D

Should look very much like this, but without the black model badge and kidney grille: Clicky

An F30 diesel is the thinking man's choice.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

£9 a month to keep your bum warm.

Madness.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

I changed my mind on diesels when I drove an F10 530d for a week last year. Other than the power band you'd never know.
I wouldn't have one as my weekend car but as a daily driver I'd have no problem.

andybond said...

Madness.

Exactly - but it's the one thing obviously missing from the spec, and if I have it for 3 years, £300 (the option price) spread over 36 months isn't that mad a concept.

NotoriousREV said...

I'd rather have an F40 petrol though :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

That's kinda the trouble with lease deals, once you start ticking the options it gets silly, so you end up suffering poverty spec for 3 years.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

It's not that poverty, fortunately - has nav, bluetooth, USB audio, leather etc by default.

Jobbo said...

andybond said...

Madness.

Exactly - but it's the one thing obviously missing from the spec, and if I have it for 3 years, £300 (the option price) spread over 36 months isn't that mad a concept.

If you don't do it, you'll wish you'd spent the 30p that day when it's cold out your arse is freezing!

Oh, anyone want a 545i Touring in 8-10 weeks? £4995, just had a new gearbox, probably be on about 148k miles by then, bushes getting a bit tired but in very good nick overall?

Not going to advertise it until the new car is a couple of weeks away from delivery.

BMW are definitely knocking out the finance deals.

I think the one in your link is the perfect colour combo (very similar to my F430 Spider). And I love the kidney grille and model badge in black. 8)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Jobbo said...

It's not that poverty, fortunately - has nav, bluetooth, USB audio, leather etc by default.

That's pretty decent as a standard spec. One of my friends is just speccing his new company car - a 320d Auto - with *cloth* seats FFS. Or velour as I unhelpfully suggested.

Once he started adding leather, nav etc the cost went nuts.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

I will not be adding the black detailing or pimp tints :D

Tim, the standard spec doesn't include nav, and I think there are a couple of other things added by default in the lease. Guess they know nobody will buy a used 330d without nav in 3 years' time.

Updated February 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

That looks fantastic. So it has 535D performance but with more MPG?

Heated steering wheel is more useful than heated seats IMO.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

pilouil said...

NotoriousREV said...

I'd rather have an F40 petrol though :lol:

Me too but my F30 diesel turns up 2 weeks tomorrow ;)

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Alex88 said...

That looks fantastic. So it has 535D performance but with more MPG?

0-100 in 14.2s so faster than a 545i or 535d; with a combined mpg of 57.6 (I'm only hoping for 40 so I might end up pleased) and CO2 of 129g/km.

Thats nice - do they do an estate for similar money?

Sadly not Broccers - it's getting on for twice the price. Might end up buying an old Landie or something for tip runs etc.

My dad wanted heated seats on his 530 but eventually bought one without, he's regretted it ever since.

Previous | 1234567 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular