Forums > Any other business > Going to the dark side

GOING TO THE DARK SIDE
Previous | 1234567 | Next

I'm going to get a diesel. Yes, I've said it. Having driven an E90 330d (bit unrefined after the 545), an Audi A4 3.0TDI (rather lovely actually but I couldn't help but be swayed to an S4 since they're a similar price) and almost been tempted by a deal on a Merc C320CDI (despite not having driven it), I can't see past a bargain lease on an F30 330d MSport. £2,200 down and £371.99 a month for 3 years. I'll halve my fuel bill and save the £68 a month warranty on the 545i; I'm effectively paying about £150 a month to swap a 146k mile car for a brand new one. No brainer. Even the performance figures are similar. And if you take into account the £2k+ I've spent on maintenance on the 545 over the last year compared to approximately zero on a new 330d, it'll be cheaper to have a new car.

Comes with nav, leather, metallic (so it won't be white) etc. Debating whether to add heated seats which will be about £9 a month extra. Otherwise, I'm going to place the order. My first diesel :( But equally :D

Should look very much like this, but without the black model badge and kidney grille: Clicky

--

Wow was I impressed

An F30 diesel is the thinking man's choice.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

£9 a month to keep your bum warm.

Madness.

--

TurboRenault Forum !

I changed my mind on diesels when I drove an F10 530d for a week last year. Other than the power band you'd never know.
I wouldn't have one as my weekend car but as a daily driver I'd have no problem.

andybond said...

Madness.

Exactly - but it's the one thing obviously missing from the spec, and if I have it for 3 years, £300 (the option price) spread over 36 months isn't that mad a concept.

--

Wow was I impressed

NotoriousREV said...

I'd rather have an F40 petrol though :lol:

--

Pilouil

That's kinda the trouble with lease deals, once you start ticking the options it gets silly, so you end up suffering poverty spec for 3 years.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE

Buy this post for only £9,000 + a lightly used pebble!

It's not that poverty, fortunately - has nav, bluetooth, USB audio, leather etc by default.

--

Wow was I impressed

Jobbo said...

andybond said...

Madness.

Exactly - but it's the one thing obviously missing from the spec, and if I have it for 3 years, £300 (the option price) spread over 36 months isn't that mad a concept.

If you don't do it, you'll wish you'd spent the 30p that day when it's cold out your arse is freezing!

Oh, anyone want a 545i Touring in 8-10 weeks? £4995, just had a new gearbox, probably be on about 148k miles by then, bushes getting a bit tired but in very good nick overall?

Not going to advertise it until the new car is a couple of weeks away from delivery.

--

Wow was I impressed

BMW are definitely knocking out the finance deals.

I think the one in your link is the perfect colour combo (very similar to my F430 Spider). And I love the kidney grille and model badge in black. 8)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Jobbo said...

It's not that poverty, fortunately - has nav, bluetooth, USB audio, leather etc by default.

That's pretty decent as a standard spec. One of my friends is just speccing his new company car - a 320d Auto - with *cloth* seats FFS. Or velour as I unhelpfully suggested.

Once he started adding leather, nav etc the cost went nuts.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE

Buy this post for only £9,000 + a lightly used pebble!

I will not be adding the black detailing or pimp tints :D

Tim, the standard spec doesn't include nav, and I think there are a couple of other things added by default in the lease. Guess they know nobody will buy a used 330d without nav in 3 years' time.

Updated February 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

--

Wow was I impressed

That looks fantastic. So it has 535D performance but with more MPG?

Heated steering wheel is more useful than heated seats IMO.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GT-R/ Audi S4

pilouil said...

NotoriousREV said...

I'd rather have an F40 petrol though :lol:

Me too but my F30 diesel turns up 2 weeks tomorrow ;)

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Alex88 said...

That looks fantastic. So it has 535D performance but with more MPG?

0-100 in 14.2s so faster than a 545i or 535d; with a combined mpg of 57.6 (I'm only hoping for 40 so I might end up pleased) and CO2 of 129g/km.

--

Wow was I impressed

Thats nice - do they do an estate for similar money?

Sadly not Broccers - it's getting on for twice the price. Might end up buying an old Landie or something for tip runs etc.

--

Wow was I impressed

My dad wanted heated seats on his 530 but eventually bought one without, he's regretted it ever since.

Previous | 1234567 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular