Forums > General > Anyone seen The Darkness live?

ANYONE SEEN THE DARKNESS LIVE?
Previous | 1 | Next

Off to see them in Manchester in March and wondered if anyone had seen them before?

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

I bet Mark_BT52 has done, secretly.

He was probably relieved to see such a fresh and original band live after the musical fiasco of the 70s and 80s :D

Dave!

--

Yes, I have. In Brighton about 8 years ago ish. Surprisingly good actually. Didn't they split up?

Thought they were defunct(?) unless it's a vastly different line up. Frontman different?

--

BMW Car Magazine

Jobbo said...

I bet Mark_BT52 has done, secretly.

I have actually
They supported Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd years ago before they made it big.

Thought they were rubbish then and nothing they have done since has made me think otherwise.

Updated February 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Didn't their 2012 album get good reviews?

--

Large format print & graphics

ShockDiamonds said...

Thought they were defunct(?) unless it's a vastly different line up. Frontman different?

Still Justin in this reformed line-up I think. I suspect they ran out of money.

I saw them on the second album tour in Sheffield and they were sh1t!!!

Justin entered the arena from the ceiling riding a pair of tits and it continued downhill from there. It's the only large gig I've ever walked out of early. Sh1t with a capital "S".

Saw them at Leeds festival a couple of years earlier and really enjoyed the show so was very disappointed with the Sheffield gig.

The Hawkins boys play guitar really well and it's great when they open playing Bareback.

F**k the Darkness, surely having to venture to little Beirut ie Manchester means it's a no goer

I have yes. Must have been 2005. Justin Hawkins is quite the entertainer.

Ash were supporting at the time, who were really good too.

--

MarDoubleT

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

I know a guy who saw them last year and thought they were brilliant. He does have the worst taste in music ever though.

--

just the tip

Saw them years ago, singer arrived suspended above the crowd on a giant pair of boobs, they were surprisingly good.

Only at some festival. They were fun enough for an afternoon act.

Timely, this came through the door today, they are apparently prime celebrity endorsers of my local Indian takeaway :lol:

Darkness by kiteless, on Flickr

Saw them at Bournemouth in 2005. Then again the next(?) year at Reading. Recently saw them in Southampton, and thought they were really good.

My mate used to be the lead singer when they were called Empire. He fell out with Justin (the keyboard player at the time) because he wanted to do a more glam-rock style. My mate left stating it will never work....

Oh.

:shock:

--

I like it round the 'ring.

McSwede said...

I saw them on the second album tour in Sheffield and they were sh1t!!!

Justin entered the arena from the ceiling riding a pair of tits and it continued downhill from there. It's the only large gig I've ever walked out of early. Sh1t with a capital "S".

Saw them at Leeds festival a couple of years earlier and really enjoyed the show so was very disappointed with the Sheffield gig.

Pretty much the same experience I had: saw two really good gigs when they were touring the first album, but the Wembley Arena gig I went to around the time of the (dreadful) second album was utterly, utterly dire. Not sure if it was the drugs or the ego or both. Thankfully Ash were supporting, so it wasn't a completely wasted ticket.

Maybe, as the new album is half decent, they'll be a bit more enjoyable this time around.

zedleg said...

I know a guy who saw them last year and thought they were brilliant. He does have the worst taste in music ever though.

Sounds like Dave will love them.

--

Large format print & graphics

Ian Eveleigh said...

the Wembley Arena gig I went to around the time of the (dreadful) second album was utterly, utterly dire. Not sure if it was the drugs or the ego or both.

You've never come across as a massive ego Ev, so maybe you drugs were to blame? :?

So i'm 100% going to maybe enjoy it if they might be not crap or on several naughty substances.

Dave!

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular