Forums > General > Who bought a Twingo RS recently? Mick?

WHO BOUGHT A TWINGO RS RECENTLY? MICK?
Previous | 1 | Next

Can't find it on a search - whoever it was...update please.

--

ClubLupo

It was Mick, but he didnt buy in the end.

Wasnt a cup chassis. It was a full fat.

You can get full fat with cup tho - I had one.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

As above, didn't buy it in the end as it wasn't the Cup..

The Wife thinks I won't get on with a small car, and she is probably right but fugly needs to go.

You liked it enough to almost get close to purchasing though?

I really liked my Lupo GTi, not sure I'd want another as I've been-there-done-that, and the Twingo seems like a sharper, newer alternative?

--

ClubLupo

Is it not going to be a bit underwhelming after the vxr8

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

Is it not going to be a bit underwhelming after the vxr8

Seeing as my criteria is ~£5k and 35mpg, my level of "whelming" is pretty low ;)

Twingo, Panda 100, LupoGTi, Clio 197, Polo GTi (1.8T) and Mk5 Golf GTi are all on the list.

Last resort is currently a Fabia vRS if I decide that my only real solution is a diesel.

--

ClubLupo

If you like the Lupo I'd get a Panda 100hp, easily as fast as the Renault point to point IMO and has a quirky character..

The Fabia goes well but is one of the dullest cars I've driven. I like the Renault 133 looks but mpg aint the greatest but it's a decent steer.

What about a Swift sport?

For £5k, get an E39 M5.

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

For £5k, get an E39 M5.

Yes, swapping one shonky, uneconomical V8 supersaloon for another one is exactly what Matty should do :lol:

--

Speed holes.

Swift Sport would be my choice in that category.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Having owned a twingo I obviously cant comment but I shall esque forum convention and comment anyway.

The twingo is a great car if you want to give it 10/10 everywhere. If you want to cruise on the motorway its loud brash and abrasive in its ride. Great for A + B roads but not so great for a commute. If you are "on it" it can also be surprisingly thirsty. Stay out of the VVT area and its not bad.

I would go for a VRs personally.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular