Forums > General > Jag XJR for sale - remapped by ChippedUK

JAG XJR FOR SALE - REMAPPED BY CHIPPEDUK
Previous | 12 | Next

I was rather impressed with the power claim for this X350 XJR: 480bhp, apparently.

Then I looked at the photo and noticed the at the wheels power (274.9bhp) - that's got to be the same wheel power as a standard XJR if not less, surely? Massively 'corrected' upwards though. Another happy customer :lol:

I'm not interested unless it includes a signed portrait of Jayson.

You have to respect the nerve those cowboys have.

Looks more like a standard one presuming about 25-30% transmission losses which seems a bit high perhaps?

"chippeduk" was added to the swear filter over on the E36 forum, because Jayson kept threatening to sue the owner of the site every time someone bad-mouthed him.

Which was quite regularly :lol:

--

It's not a Golf

Only 43% transmission losses! What a twat...

--

Cheers,
Mike

I'm still smarting from when he publicly accused me of illegally downloading a Robbie Williams album. :cry:

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

I'm still smarting from when he publicly accused me of illegally downloading a Robbie Williams album. :cry:

Dear lord, the horror! :(

I am booked in with chipped international next week I look forwards to having the most powerful car on the forum. Dyson reckons it will be a right bobby dazzler once he has finished it.

Ive gone for the premium package full chip and air filter.

Also due to this being my 3rd visit my loyalty card has enough stamps to get me a free 100BHP extra upgrade.

Cheers

Steve

Updated February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

16vcento said...

Looks more like a standard one presuming about 25-30% transmission losses which seems a bit high perhaps?

Ball park 89% efficient from a transmission. Ideally. 43% is bonkers.

Orange Cola said...

16vcento said...

Ball park 89% efficient from a transmission. Ideally. 43% is bonkers.

Would have expected slightly higher losses through a torque converter auto on a x308 as it's quite an old box the 5 speed, i don't believe you get full torque converter lockup unless in 5th. Certainly never seen it when data logging unless under part load but im not too familiar with how they do power runs.

edit: i know you said ball park sorry, but is that manual or auto or both, as said not sure how they measure it.

Updated February 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

a google image search for chippeduk brings this graph up,

197bhp at the fly, 125bhp at the wheels, what's that?, 60% loss :shock:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

197bhp at the fly, 125bhp at the wheels, what's that?, 60% loss :shock:

36.5%

whoops, i was working the wrong way round :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

whoops, i was working the wrong way round :lol:

Still quite an impressive number nonetheless :D.

I knew the name CHIPPED UK, didn't know anything about them; I know enough now :shock:

--

Get in the back of the van

To make that kind of power you'd been to convert to a twin scroll supercharger. He's not even changed the supercharger pulley wheel.

So, given that a Rootes blower is a fixed displacement unit, if he's running the same pulley, the engine can only be ingesting exactly the same amount of air at a given number of revs, regardless of what you do to air filters etc.

SO what has Mr.Chipped actually done to bend the laws of physics and generate a 20% power hike over standard?

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

nefarious_ said...

SO what has Mr.Chipped actually done to bend the laws of physics and generate a 20% power hike over standard?

Added a new excel column. Y=X*1.2

Don't people drive off afterwards thinking "funny, this feels *exactly* the same as before"?

Look into the eyes, not around the eyes, etc etc

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

You have to wonder don't you. :?

Although it does confirm that placebos have a powerful effect, and that the 4rse-dyno is not a good assessment tool.

Our 944S2 was remapped from std 211bhp to (allegedly) 228bhp (with SUL only). No idea whether it actually produced those numbers, but a smoothing of the power curve made it feel a reasonalbe amount quicker.

nefarious_ said...

Don't people drive off afterwards thinking "funny, this feels *exactly* the same as before"?

Look into the eyes, not around the eyes, etc etc

bullsh1t re-maps are usually followed by an instruction to 'take it easy for a few miles while the ecu re-learns the settings'

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular