Forums > Gaming forum > Dead Space 3 + Devil May Cry mini reviews

DEAD SPACE 3 + DEVIL MAY CRY MINI REVIEWS
Previous | 1 | Next

DS3.. very cinematic, and I'm sure very technically able, but it's another jump scare game (which I hate) combined with scarce-resource management of ammo (which I hate). 5/10

DMC: Devil May Cry.. runs super smooth on pretty much any modern gaming rig, and while probably not bleeding edge in tech it certainly looks good. Some fun humour and a million and one ways to shoot, slice, hammer the enemy to a thumping tune. It's great fun. 9/10

Updated February 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

DMC is amazing - I really, really enjoyed it - the boss fights are excellent.

I've started Dead Space 3 as I am a huge fan of the first game. So far it feels more like Gears of War than scary space game! I hope it picks up as the first section with other humans is just not Dead Space to me.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Yeh DS3 is a bit off from the norm, but once you get into it a bit further it's business as usual, although the human AI do seem to be throughout the game, so far at least and I'm on Ch7 or 8 now.

My god it's getting tedious now, Ch17 of 19 and it's all pretty much the same, bit of puzzle solving, 8-10 horde of bad guys, restock at a benchm through some dark corridors, get jumped out on by a horde, rinse and repeat.

You don't even have to really manage your resources either as you can either use MS points or ration seals to buy more resources at benches. I've not used any MS points but have been using ration seals (which I have no idea how you accumulate them tbh) to purchase resource packs and even playing on hardened (2nd from hardest) I have loads of med packs, loads of ammo and stasis packs.

Just playing it to finish it atm.

Completed DMC on Monday and it's a cracking little game, lots of fun and as Bunts said the boss fights are awesome. Next port of call is Dead space 1 (I've never played it) and Metal Gear Rising.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I've not used any MS points but have been using ration seals (which I have no idea how you accumulate them tbh) to purchase resource packs and even playing on hardened.
host for visitors

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular