Forums > General > I won! But.....

I WON! BUT.....
Previous | 12345 | Next

You might remember, a few months ago, there was a competition on the EVO website run by "SuperCar LifeStyle".

Anyway, i didn't win, but i appear to have won a runner up prize.

Richard, thank you for entering the EVO/ Supercar Lifestyle Tuition day with Ian Ashley ex F1 Driver competition

The lucky winner was Andrew Stott!

Congratulations Richard you have won one of our runners up prizes!
A FREE TUITION SESSION WITH EX F1 DRIVER IAN ASHLEY AND THE TEAM

As a runner up you will be coached on how to drive like a professional racing driver, starting off in BMW M3’s Ian and the team will coach both through practical and theory sessions the art of racing. This unique and exclusive session will give you an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to be in the shoes of Hamilton and Button and experience the high octane thrills of professional race drivers.

The session will include:

All vehicles
Safety briefing
Familiarisation laps
Safety equipment
Professional Instruction
Fuel
Track Time
Tea / Coffee and light refreshments
The session will run from MIRA’s secret Test facility in Nuneaton. This is where the likes of Jason Plato touring car champion and McLaren British GT3 team do there testing before their race seasons. This state of the art facility is also home to major manufactures such as Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentley and the MOD where all prototype vehicles are tested and certified.
This is a rare opportunity to gain access to one of the most advanced high security test facilities in the world, nick named “the secret venue” by TOP GEARS very own Jeremy Clarkson.

To claim your exclusive tuition session please contacts our booking team on 01782 454114 or simply fill in our contact form by selecting the link below.

Claim my Tuition Day >>>

We look forward to seeing you in 2013 Richard.

I thought this sounded lovely, but after a bit of research online, this company do sound perhaps a little iffy.

Thoughts?

Updated February 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Me too.

I've been before, it's a good day out.

--

Done.

I got that prize too :)

so its legit?

Updated February 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM

You're all winners.. just send your £50 processing fee to..

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

So is it a con then? I also have this and was quite excited

--

The Thrill of Skiving....

SO is it BS or genuine?

Starting to sound like BS.

I've put the details into the web form, will wait and see if they reply and keep everyone posted.

--

The Thrill of Skiving....

Hey,

Got exactly the same e-mail and just phoned up for details. Basically they say its a 4-5 hour tuition whereby you will be sharing a car with some other customer so effectively there'll be 3 of you in a car. I asked how much track time there is, didn't give me a straight answer but with briefing, theory and bits plus sharing with the other person I'd guess you'd get about an hour and a bits drive time plus the same as a passenger
The main thing is you have to pay for personal liability and collision waiver for a....wait for it.......£199
They said this also gets you a years membership to supercar lifestyle where their experience will be up to 30% cheaper

Is it good value?? ermm. Based on others doesn't sound too bad, obviously the tuition should be very good, I went and trawled their website and its basically £89 per hour plus the £199 waiver you still need to pay (read terms and conditions) so I'd say about £560 for the same thing although that says 1 to 1 private tuition. I'd say £199 is about right I certainly would not pay £560 for it, the email is a bit cheeky to make you feel like you won something but really it's not massively better than they offer because u are sharing the tuition with someone

Still undecided whether I'm going to do it, I live in portsmouth which means its a bit of a costly trek to get there

Hope this helps

...so is this a free place with an attempt to gain members on the driving club? Sounds like more exciting timeshare!!
Is the runner up prize free?
Cheers

I didn't enter this, but it's not on really IMO. Usually the whole point of running these competitions is to get contact details etc, but making someone think they've actually won is a little bit naughty, and not something evo should be pushing.

It reminds me of those scratch cards you get where there's a list of a load of good prizes and then in the small print there's '...and lots of pens and badges to be won.'. Then everyone is a winner and it costs more than what the crappy prize is worth to call to check what prize you've won.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Huh, I'm a runner up too. Thought the details seemed a bit sketchy. I'm certainly not paying anything a free prize!

--

Ben

£199 fee for insurance? You have to be kidding.

Well I am another one of the "lucky" runners up. I look forward to the call.

I would have thought this breaks some sort of competition rules, no?

R26Stu said...

Hey,

Got exactly the same e-mail and just phoned up for details. Basically they say its a 4-5 hour tuition whereby you will be sharing a car with some other customer so effectively there'll be 3 of you in a car. I asked how much track time there is, didn't give me a straight answer but with briefing, theory and bits plus sharing with the other person I'd guess you'd get about an hour and a bits drive time plus the same as a passenger
The main thing is you have to pay for personal liability and collision waiver for a....wait for it.......£199
They said this also gets you a years membership to supercar lifestyle where their experience will be up to 30% cheaper

Is it good value?? ermm. Based on others doesn't sound too bad, obviously the tuition should be very good, I went and trawled their website and its basically £89 per hour plus the £199 waiver you still need to pay (read terms and conditions) so I'd say about £560 for the same thing although that says 1 to 1 private tuition. I'd say £199 is about right I certainly would not pay £560 for it, the email is a bit cheeky to make you feel like you won something but really it's not massively better than they offer because u are sharing the tuition with someone

Still undecided whether I'm going to do it, I live in portsmouth which means its a bit of a costly trek to get there

Hope this helps

So they net £600 for the car for a few hours. They are effectively making as much as if they sell to one person, plus they "get" you on their mailing lists etc.

Not Cricket.

im a runner up aswell! but i didnt enter the competition :?

--

Pain don't hurt

Cameron_Hill said...

im a runner up aswell! but i didnt enter the competition :?

This :lol:

Sounds like a scam...

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

I just called up, and they started to congratulate me before they even knew my name - seems amazing they could know I had won something eh?

They did the spiel as mentioned on Evo forums, and explained it was a "full day" but then went on to say 4-5 hours.

They failed to mention it was 3 to a car, but others have been told this.

I was then told I needed to buy the insurance for £199.

The car is an E46 M3, not the E90 M3 pictured in the email.

Evo should be ashamed of themselves for being associated with something so blatantly NOT a prize in any way shape or form.

Wonder how much they charged you for that call :lol:

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Standard rate. I think. Now you have me worried!!

Sounds more and more like bollocks, doesn't it?

I've looked online, and found

this
and
this

Previous | 12345 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular