Previous | 1 | Next

Probably not the Cobra you were thinking of though! :shock:
Cricky.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Blimey.

Oops. Now they just need a few gazzilion views on youtube to recover the costs. :roll:

You wouldn't get that on Top Gear UK, Health and Safety gone mad! :D

Seriously though, that could have been nasty.

--

Procrastination Man will be with you in a minute...

Thats possibly going to be one of the more expensive episodes of that series.

:shock: That's gonna leave a mark.

dudeluk said...

Am I missing something here? Shirley the production team won't be held responsable for what appears to be pilot error?

I believe Mark Hales has been instructed to pay out.

dudeluk said...

Nah, it'll be covered by insurance.

It's the next episode which'll cost them, when the insurance for low flying Cobras has gone up a few quid.

Cobra failed. Cobra must die...

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

mik said...

I believe Mark Hales has been instructed to pay out.

:D

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

A classic low height accident. Over-banked and even before reaching the apex of the wing-over the nose is coming down through the horizon. It was doomed to failure as soon as he tried to continue the turn and pull rather than rolling wings level and then pulling up. He was also in a high rate of descent at low speed so may well have started to enter a condition known as vortex ring where the helicopter is effectively descending into it's own down-wash. This creates a rapid loss of lift and control - it's a real problem because the conditions for it inevitably occur close to the ground

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

Hats off to the Koreans, that's some incredible Hollywood special effects, none of that half arsed crap we get here. Is this the first of a new series that they're doing for Korea?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Tim said...

A classic low height accident. Over-banked and even before reaching the apex of the wing-over the nose is coming down through the horizon. It was doomed to failure as soon as he tried to continue the turn and pull rather than rolling wings level and then pulling up. He was also in a high rate of descent at low speed so may well have started to enter a condition known as vortex ring where the helicopter is effectively descending into it's own down-wash. This creates a rapid loss of lift and control - it's a real problem because the conditions for it inevitably occur close to the ground

Yeah what a n00b! How many hours have you got under your belt again? ;)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Kncok-off of a knock-off - they did that (without the crash) in the only episode of US Top Gear I watched.

At least we now know what "oh fvck" sounds like in Korean :lol:

And no one got seriously hurt, which is good - poor cameramen scattering as it crashes behind them.

Tim said...

The first thing I though was vortex ring, it became unresponsive which is typical, or from black out but we don't see a high g manoeuvre

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

i expected to see him mid way through a lap before a king cobra emerged from under the passenger seat and bit into his neck. i am disappointed.

Eric Pisch said...

Tim said...

The first thing I though was vortex ring, it became unresponsive which is typical, or from black out but we don't see a high g manoeuvre

In the subsequent interview the pilot confirmed his ring had performed a vortex during the crash.

mik said...

Eric Pisch said...

Tim said...

In the subsequent interview the pilot confirmed his ring had performed a vortex during the crash.

:lol: no doubt!

It must be highly embarrasing for the pilot when essentially he was just arsing around/showing off.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Eric Pisch said...

Tim said...

Same thing happened to the black hawk on the bin laden raid

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular