Forums > General > Sutters Cayman S vid

SUTTERS CAYMAN S VID
Previous | 1 | Next

fairly positive :P

--

A yellow loltus

I think he does like it !. It certainly looks like a performance bargain, and its biggest rival is probably the Boxster

Seems the Cayman is now the sports car, the 911 the rather capable GT :)

I was expecting to love the looks of the Cayman, given how amazing the Boxster looks these days, but for some reason it looks all wrong to my eyes. Wouldn't particularly care though :D

Chris.

speedingfine said...

I was expecting to love the looks of the Cayman, given how amazing the Boxster looks these days, but for some reason it looks all wrong to my eyes. Wouldn't particularly care though :D

Chris.

I think that Yellow colour has a lot to do with it looking a bit wrong, especially from the rear, where the tail lights look too high up. Always liked the low slung rear lights on the 911, has the effect of bringing the rear down and making the car look almost clamped to the road - if you get my meaning.

Still, the new Cayman seems like one hell of a driving machine. 8)

RichardMajor86 said...

Yes please.

I've even posted the Boxster in a bad colour to try and be fair. Far better proportioned to my eye.

Filmed at "magazine article oversteer corner" I see. :)

Yellow seat belts? Yellow seat belts? :shock:

speedingfine said...

This does seem to be the case.

Yellow definitely doesn't suit the Cayman S.

mik said...

Filmed at "magazine article oversteer corner" I see. :)

Yellow seat belts? Yellow seat belts? :shock:

Mik I like yellow seat belts.

I'm also DIW

--

For sure

The active cornering lights are quite amusing in the first oversteer shots right at the beginning of the video.

ETA: oh, they're DRLs and it's just the way they caught the camera. I thought they were lighting up alternately as Sutcliffe sawed and mashed.

Updated February 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Yeah yellow really isn't the colour but that makes the Evora pricing new seem faintly ridiculous, although the options list can soon blow that bargainlist out the water :)

--

A yellow loltus

Many people seemed to think the last Cayman was ugly, but I rather liked it, I think on the new one the roofline makes it look a bit too rear heavy. I've done a very quick edit, putting the 987's roof on the 981's body, looks much better IMHO.

Having said that, I'd still put up with the looks, seems like a fantastic car!

--

Entirely pointless

ukpete said...

Many people seemed to think the last Cayman was ugly, but I rather liked it, I think on the new one the roofline makes it look a bit too rear heavy. I've done a very quick edit, putting the 987's roof on the 981's body, looks much better IMHO.

That's a great improvement. I think it brings back some of the older styling of the 911's where there the sidelines of the vehicle and the roof line contrast with another and in result the vehicle doesn't look quite as fluid as the 991 and 987 does--which I prefer.

ukpete said...

Starting to look 959-ish, I think - the whole "911 with a boot" thing... Could think of one or two worse cars to look like.

Bloody horrible when you could have a lovely Boxster for less :(

Just been handed the keys to one. Told them to folk off.

ukpete said...

A great bit of editing and your car looks loads better. The new Cayman as mentioned just has a rear tardiness to its looks like it is mimicking a 911. Bloody silly when it is mid engined.

UKPete for chief designer at Porsche !

That edited version looks a lot better IMO!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular