Forums > General > Private Parking Fines

PRIVATE PARKING FINES
Previous | 1 | Next

Fcukers :evil:

I collected my mum from Glasgow airport one evening last week. Her flight was delayed slightly so I drove into the nearby Travelodge car park and sat there. No entry or exit gates. I didn't go into a parking bay (although the car park was almost empty), and I did not leave the car at all.

Didn't see any signs displayed in respect of charges - thought i was just waiting somewhere quiet off the beaten track....

Received a £100 non-payment charge today from a company called ParkingEye (with a CCTV image of my car and times of entry / exit). Works out at over £4 a minute! :roll:

I must admit I was rather hacked off, but thought it was probably questionable : some quick googling lead me to the MoneySavingExpert webby, so I've now confirmed this isn't a legitimate PCN (of course), and received some rather useful advice that I should ignore it (and the 5 or 6 letters that will follow, purporting to be from lawyers and debt collection companies threatening court action), as they have no legal right to issue such a punitive "fine" , but how many folks panic and just pay these fcukcing scumbags? :evil:

Updated February 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM

We used to have a framework agreement with Aldi to provide consultancy services and I remember the Technical Director that PM'd that framework regularly getting these from ParkingEye when he went to meetings with Aldi.:lol:

I believe you can just file in the bin.

Unfortunately I have just got my second PCN in as many weeks. Even worse is that they're from Westminster and Camden councils. Fvck.

Going to appeal the one I got tonight though, the lines on the road were so worn out that you couldn't make out the difference between the residents parking and the pay and display parking.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Did it have the bit on the letter saying 'under new ruling blah blah blah' trying to make it sound all legal and scary?

Your link text

--

I get my highs from hump backed bridges.

Why do the DVLA allow scam companies access to their database? There must be a data protection breach here. Write to your MP.

GTF is the right response!

The Honest John website has some useful info regarding these pirates

Chancers :roll:

The letters become increasingly threatening, my wife would have folded on the second one :lol:

If it makes you feel better..... Lambeth gave me a road side ticket for being 2 mins late. £75 for 2 mins! ching ching £££

I think there is a con going on with the 'paybyphone' where the officers can wait till you return by your car knowning when your prepaid expires

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular