Forums > Moaning forum > This weekend/more hospital visits

THIS WEEKEND/MORE HOSPITAL VISITS
Previous | 1 | Next

The GF's dad had a change on Thursday night while drinking a small amount of wine, he started slurring his words and lost control of his tongue. Family put it down to alcohol.

Symptoms continued through Friday and today I had a phonecall asking if I'd take him to hospital. On hearing the symptoms and the time delay I developed a complete lead foot and got him into A&E ASAP (the walk in centre wouldn't phone an ambulance)

He's now sat on the stroke ward waiting test results due in the morning. To me the symptoms are strongly looking like they're a stroke however I'm holding off until there's a diagnosis.

The family are harder to deal with. They think a very mild stroke will be not too much fuss; it hasn't stopped him during Friday and Saturday going to work, walking the dogs and carrying on as normal. What I struggle with is that I'm going to have to explain that for every stroke which shows symptoms there are on average four silent ones and as time goes on, depending on the cause, the risks increase. He's an exceptionally fit bloke for his age, if its stroke he's going to have big risks in the future if be deteriorates. How do I explain that? They won't ask the doctor about it as they don't think it's all that serious in the long term.

I just hope it's something else that's fixable or manageable.

How can people not take others health seriously. For me there is no such thing as a "mild" stroke. Its a fecking killer !

Your link text

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Exactly that, because there doesn't appear to be much wrong they think he's got off lightly :(

Oh and the GF has just slammed the car door shut trapping the seat belt in the Jamb, dented the two edges and paint removed down to the metal. The she had a go at me and threw coffee down the side of the car :roll:

S'probably a good time to dump her ;)

Updated February 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Evostick said...

If her dad wasn't in hospital and I was their only form of transport I would have.

Orange Cola said...

Evostick said...

If her dad wasn't in hospital and I was their only form of transport I would have.

Give her £20 for bus fare and kick her to the kerb.

Sorry to hear about her dad, though.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

What's the GF mad at? Does she think you're making an unnecessary fuss? Hope her and the rest of the family come to their senses and the test results get everyone seeing things from the same viewpoint. Best wishes to the dad:(

--

Entirely pointless

Yep, thought I over reacted when I had to shout at her to stop her closing, sorry, slamming the door for the second time because the buckle stopped it closing the first time round. Then I said she really needed to be more careful and not be so heavy handed with the door in the first place.

Coffee (literally) thrown down the car when I pointed out the damage, stormed off 100 yards down the road. I over reacted. She doesn't get cars, she thinks it's an over reaction when I considered telling her neighbours son off for booting a football at a car. She also thinks scratches and dents on cars are what body panels are there for :roll: and the interior of a car is a giant hand bag.

Oh and alloys tell you where the curb is. The fact that any of the above knocks hundreds of pounds off cars value each time doesn't register with her.

andybond said...

How can people not take others health seriously. For me there is no such thing as a "mild" stroke. Its a fecking killer !

Your link text

A 'mild' stroke is a TIA, which lasts less than 24 hrs and acts as a warning sign that something more serious is likely.

Best to have investigated and treatment started ASAP, he is in the right place.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular