Forums > General > New spam chariot purchased

NEW SPAM CHARIOT PURCHASED
Previous | 1 | Next

New / old / re-purchased. ( the dark one in the background btw ;) )

Originally owned by me from July 2008 to February 2010 :lol:

Only the other day I was saying what a good runabout for a grand they are, a few days later and I own my old one again.

Not an exciting car by any means, but has manages to feel light and compact, yet drives like a much larger 'proper' car.

Still drives exactly as I remember it.

This time I'm not allowed to put silly coilovers on it. Nor will it be getting fancy wheels this time. :cry:

Updated February 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

lovely harold now get it lowered.

cheers

steve

Like all bmws it would sit a lot better with a couple of coils chopped off the front springs :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Suckered into a sneaky Bluewater trip on the way home then?

:lol:

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

I can always be tempted by the Lego shop and a Krispy Kreme :)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Tight and compact? 3 series compact? Never

I know, but thy feel completely different to normal e36s, I'm just not very good at explaining it.

The a-pillar forward is identical to the saloon / touring, and the wheelbase is the same as any other e36, the 9 inches or so of lost length is all from the rear overhang so you wouldn't imagine it would feel that different in normal driving.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

I know, but thy feel completely different to normal e36s, I'm just not very good at explaining it.

The a-pillar forward is identical to the saloon / touring, and the wheelbase is the same as any other e36, the 9 inches or so of lost length is all from the rear overhang so you wouldn't imagine it would feel that different in normal driving.

Completely different rear suspension design though. As I'm sure you know.

--

Cheers,
Mike

integrale_evo said...

I was being my facetious self, sorry. The clues in the name.

Friend of mine was given a 316i compact for her 17th bday. Had 3 spoke alloys on it - was good.

I have an e30 m3, an e36 m3, and the stunted, deformed love child of the two :lol:

You wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference until you start to push on. I can image it's not got the 50/50 weight distribution bmw are usually proud of.

However, I must admit, there's a lot to be said for comedy ride height and balloon tyres on crappy roads. I'm sure adjustable dampers are good, but shame there's not a way to alter wheel size and tyre profile on the move.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

I keep thinking these make good cheap car sense, if you don't need a 5dr hatch. A 325Ti or whatever would be great fun on my commute.
As would an MR2 with a lighter clutch...
<Joins gym, uses leg press machine>

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular