Forums > General > Having illegal tyres

HAVING ILLEGAL TYRES
Previous | 1 | Next

Currently sat in my local fitting centre. Ordered two Conti CSC3s 255s in the week because a visual check showed the tyres down the wear indicators. Tyres off the car now and Crikey Moses they are well and truly shot :oops: Need to check more often.

Edit trying to figure out how to upload a pic from the album

Updated February 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

--

BMW Car Magazine

I was at my dentist this week - had to call him afterwards as i had another quick swatch at his 2012 Panamera on the way out - his front offside was through the wear indicators with a line of "blistering" apparent close to the edge where the tread was almost down to the carcass and had started to separate. :shock:

Tyre wear can really creep up on you.Always amazed at how different a new tyre looks next to the worn one, which has just been taken off.

Ok I give up. How the blazes do I upload a pic from an album?

--

BMW Car Magazine

Try this:

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

ShockDiamonds said...

Currently sat in my local fitting centre. Ordered two Conti CSC3s 255s in the week because a visual check showed the tyres down the wear indicators. Tyres off the car now and Crikey Moses they are well and truly shot :oops: Need to check more often.

Indeed. Especially when it takes less than minute to visually check all four tyres.

Marv said...

ShockDiamonds said...

Indeed. Especially when it takes less than minute to visually check all four tyres.

Like most things, the time it actually takes isn't really what stops us doing it. How many people don't check the oil and water, frequently with catastrophic consequences? :)

Updated February 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I usually know that if I clench my arse more than 5 times in an average journey in the rain, the tyres have hit the indicators. Works surprisingly well.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I got a ticket for the rear tires on my first M3. Pulled away from the lights a little enthusiastically which was not appreciated by a cop that I didn't see until it was too late. Grip was still fine and it was summer so no chance of rain. So a stupid thing to let happen as it takes seconds to check, but easily done.

JustMax said...

I got a ticket for the rear tires on my first M3. Pulled away from the lights a little enthusiastically which was not appreciated by a cop that I didn't see until it was too late. Grip was still fine and it was summer so no chance of rain. So a stupid thing to let happen as it takes seconds to check, but easily done.

Obviously not a UK resident:lol:

p7ulg said...

JustMax said...

Aren't slicks allowed in some States in summer?

--

Cheers,
Mike

About the weather, when I'm on summer vacations here, it's funny when it's cold and windy in a particular day for me to go to the beach, but english tourists are happily lying there like it's the best weather ever :lol:

In the tire subject, I check them regularly, because they're already a piece of crap if they're fine. With low thread and rain they become death traps. 20 mph is enough to understeer in small sized roundabouts. I really need to get proper tires next time.

caneswell said...

p7ulg said...

JustMax said...

Aren't slicks allowed in some States in summer?

Hmmmm, not sure but I don't think I'd try and argue that one with the ocifer :D. Only got a fix it ticket, no fine although these days they are so desperate for revenue I don't know if it would still be the case.

In the US these are rain grooved tyres

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Sisu said...

In the US these are rain grooved tyres

Ideal for that one hour a year of rain they get in CA :)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

I wish we could have a law here like in Germany but they have it for winter tyres only.

Basically you can have slicks but if you get caught driving a car with slicks in wet weather you get a massive fine and 3 points, if you crash you get an even bigger fine and insurance don't pay out.

Realistically it would be great because think about the number of exotic cars in the UK that only get driven for 30 minutes on a dry day once a month. Of course we would need some more reliable weather forecasters.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular