Forums > General > This lasagne is neigh good

THIS LASAGNE IS NEIGH GOOD
Previous | 123 | Next

First Tesco, now Findus.

Not spam. Horse.

Heard this on R2 on my drive home, and I did laugh. Buy value microwave meal and be surprised that's its cheap meat shocker.

Barry said...

Heard this on R2 on my drive home, and I did laugh. Buy value microwave meal and be surprised that's its cheap meat shocker.

And it's made in France so what better source of cheap meat! :)

Updated February 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Barry said...

I was more surprised that they actually found meat in 'em.

I had an Aldi 4 bird roast for tea. It's dead clever how they do it. A chicken inside a duck inside a goose inside a horse.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

I love horse meat, this country needs to get over itself.

Zonda_ said...

It's not horse meat per se that's the problem, it's the fact that there's no traceback on where the meat came from, and whether it's from animals that have been packed full of drugs that present a potential risk to human health.

I'm not squeamish about eating 'non-normal' meat - kangaroo meat makes a very tasty burger.

Updated February 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Any fancy a spaghetti bologneighs?

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

Any fancy a spaghetti bologneighs?

Hay, enough with the poor puns.

Findus Shepherds Pie? No, thanks!

--

Out of step with the forum.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Zonda_ said...

I think people just stirrup their emotions, I'm sure these lasagnas are OK, in the mane.

--

Entirely pointless

This won't be in the news furlong, then everything will saddle down.

You should all be ashaymed of yourselves.

Meh, different countries eat different meat, the French mock us for roast beef for example, it's all just horses for courses really, though it is usually the main.

I'm not surprised it's Italian food, where else would they get the heads to leave on pillows?

I'll stick to home-made dessert though.

--

A Christ is for life, not just for dogmas.

Get in the back of the van

Can't be that bad for your health it's low in fat and high in shergar!

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Beany said...

It's not horse meat per se that's the problem, it's the fact that there's no traceback on where the meat came from, and whether it's from animals that have been packed full of drugs that present a potential risk to human health.

This. The point is that the rules on tracability are supposed to enable any processed food manufacturer, and ultimately retailer, say *exactly* where every gram of every meat has come from. That way they know what products to pull if there's a disease outbreak (e.g. foot and mouth) or a contamination problem.
The supposedly very strict controls on traceability also mean that the system is "sealed" - i.e. no way that stolen, condemned or grey market (e.g. imported from outside the list of apporved countries) can make it into the system.

If they're finding horse in beef products, who's to say that those products aren't also being bulked out with meat deemed unfit for human consumption, illegally imported chinese meat full of unregulated hormones, or meat from foot and mouth infected farms that was supposed to have been destroyed?

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

Whoah there - Stallion with the puns fellas.

This situation is a bit of a mare, with horsemeat dressaged up as beef, but you'd have to be a foal not to realise there must be an equusitable solution if we allow the process to run it's course. :shock:

Me and a few other horses are hiding in a bush from lasagne chefs. They won't Findus in here. ;)

so

cow = beef
sheep = lamb/mutton
pigs = pork

horses = horse?

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular