Forums > General > Latest Harris Offering

LATEST HARRIS OFFERING
Previous | 12 | Next

Enjoy

GT Lovelyness

I didn't even realise there was a 63 AMG variant of the new SL. And with the AMG kit on it, I had to go to the Merc website to check he'd not got a facelift old shape SL... :oops:

Turns out there's an SL65 AMG available above it too. Crikey 8)

Criticising the M6 for being too loose, yet refusing to adjust any of the switchable settings beyond Comfort mode is a bit off if you ask me.

Both lovely, however the 40k premium for the SL is faintly ludicrous.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

The SL63 starts at £110k; the AMG performance pack does add a bit of extra power, though, and that's part of what takes it to £140k. Bet the M6 wasn't option-free mind.

Oh, and am I alone in thinking the new 6-series is an awfully bland looking car? I saw a base spec one the other day; appalling (probably on 18"s but they could have been 15" steels with plastic trims for all the effect they had).

Updated February 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Jobbo said...

The SL63 starts at £110k; the AMG performance pack does add a bit of extra power, though, and that's part of what takes it to £140k. Bet the M6 wasn't option-free mind.

Oh, and am I alone in thinking the new 6-series is an awfully bland looking car? I saw a base spec one the other day; appalling (probably on 18"s but they could have been 15" steels with plastic trims for all the effect they had).

I agree base versions look bland, the M6 is different though. there is one near me in the same colour as in the video, and it does look very purposeful8)

Is it just me or is he becoming more of a bell end with each video

--

Cheers Ben

Alan said...

I agree base versions look bland, the M6 is different though. there is one near me in the same colour as in the video, and it does look very purposeful8)

Big wheels and a couple of vents don't change a really uninteresting shape into a good one. But then no new BMW other than the F01 7-series seems to have an interesting shape; they're slightly contorted caricatures of BMW shapes, relying on details for interest.

Enjoyed that. :)

Maurice said...

Criticising the M6 for being too loose, yet refusing to adjust any of the switchable settings beyond Comfort mode is a bit off if you ask me.

I see you still have the "anymentionofanm6andimonit" monitor activated. :lol:

The new SL is one of the worst looking cars on the road. Hideously ungainly and its predecessor was a design classic, a car that looked as good 10 years into its model life as it did when it launched.

LOL at the M6 being compared to the GT-R!

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Jobbo said...

Alan said...

Big wheels and a couple of vents don't change a really uninteresting shape into a good one. But then no new BMW other than the F01 7-series seems to have an interesting shape; they're slightly contorted caricatures of BMW shapes, relying on details for interest.

I've seen a few now and have to say I think it works much better as a 4-dr. :?

Maurice said...

I've yet to try any "sports" setting suspension on UK roads that doesn't make the car jiggly and annoying. I can understand why he leaves it in standard mode.

Love the M6, don't get the complaints about iDrive.

JustMax said...

I second that. iDrive is nothing what it once resembled. When Harris, who I strongly respect, says that it is confusing I can think nothing other than that he is saying those words to please someone else or that he isn't as bright as I thought he was.

hardboiledPhil said...

Maurice said...

I've yet to try any "sports" setting suspension on UK roads that doesn't make the car jiggly and annoying. I can understand why he leaves it in standard mode.

I think he's saying there's an underlying looseness to the car that shouldn't be there even in comfort mode. Steering column shaking over bumps - WTF is that about? Seems like a bad base for stiffness as the cab is even worse.

I quite like the shape of the current 6 though.

If I had to choose, I'd go for the M6 but the AMG lump makes the better noise8) Cool vid.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I dont like either of them due to the insane price tags - I can think of some much better and more exciting ways to fill the garage up for the same price.

--

Bunta's Tofu

speedcamera said...

I think he's saying there's an underlying looseness to the car that shouldn't be there even in comfort mode. Steering column shaking over bumps - WTF is that about? Seems like a bad base for stiffness as the cab is even worse.

Agreed - that's how I heard it too.

I can confirm the SL is an ugly car. I just don't get why Merc and BMW are destroying the looks of some of their current models with silly headlight design.

Between the two, I'd have the M6.

Visceral1111 said...

JustMax said...

I second that. iDrive is nothing what it once resembled. When Harris, who I strongly respect, says that it is confusing I can think nothing other than that he is saying those words to please someone else or that he isn't as bright as I thought he was.

Thirded. He's doing a Clarkson - pretending to be thicker than he is.

speedcamera said...

hardboiledPhil said...

Maurice said...

I quite like the shape of the current 6 though.

Weird thing to complain about especially since it wasn't so apparent in the previous M6 or the current F10 M5 which the 6 series is much stiffer than due to a different rear subframe.

Really weird, actually.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular