Forums > Moaning forum > Football On ITV

FOOTBALL ON ITV
Previous | 1 | Next

The wife's away on a business trip and I've been looking forward to the England vs Brazil game all day and oh how did my heart sink upon the realisation that this was to be screened on ITV!

A charismaless, flabby faced, nasal muppet as anchor, a couple of awful pundits (Lee Dixon is excused) and cutting to adverts whenever anything interesting happens. Don't even get me started on the plank that is Clive Tyldesley talking bolloxs all the way through mentioning '66 at every opportunity. I almost considered watching my current home nation against Estonia but soon saw sense.

Hateful sh1t but I'll still watch it in a bad mood. Just need Morrisey whining out the anthems and my night would be complete. :evil:

If ITV have the slot for showing the match then can't they just pop the adverts in and fit the game around so you don't miss anything? Sod the bookies being ahead, you wouldn't miss the interesting bits because of the adverts.

They don't show adverts during the live match. What are you lot on about? :?

Anyway, you're wasting your breath with a football based thread on here. 'Oh noes, not kickball' etc. will soon come to pass.:)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

ITV are usually pretty useless when broadcasting football.. And agree their pundits are normally pretty sh*tty

duncs500 said...

Ha-ha-ha! If only that was true...

I agree, I really can't stand the adverts, especially the one just before kick off, ruins the atmosphere

--

servicing stop car service price

rodwell said...

I agree, I really can't stand the adverts, especially the one just before kick off, ruins the atmosphere

I was just thinking about this the other day.

Advert-straight to KO seems to happen less. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw it happen. Seems to go adverts/team sheet/KO now which is fine for me cos I can't stand all the bollocks that gets talked.

duncs500 said...

Anyway, you're wasting your breath with a football based thread on here. 'Oh noes, not kickball' etc. will soon come to pass.:)

I'm guessing they mean the adverts during the punditry before and after the match. I don't recall there being adverts during the actual match itself.

I was referring to this and this, both of which were very annoying.

Grezza said...

Exactamundo!!!!! ;)

Wednesday morning I was left wondering into which of the seven circles of hell I had descended when I sat down to breakfast at the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow only to find that I was sat on the next table to Clive bloody Tyldesley. :evil:

I believe that's called karma!

If you didn't murder him, I think you should resign from the forum.

I was way too busy trying to kill myself with a hearty and nutritious Scottish breakfast of haggis, black pudding, square sausage, bacon, tattie scones, mushrooms, hash browns and scrambled eggs (don't think I missed anything!). I'm sure I could have come up with a quicker way but that one was rather pleasant!

Grezza said...

2 incidents in 2 years? You'll have to do better than that. Try American Football...

Too much stop and not enough start I'm afraid.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular