Forums > General > The Richard Mille G-Sensor watch in iss180

THE RICHARD MILLE G-SENSOR WATCH IN ISS180
Previous | 1 | Next

Price "TBD" on this one, but another further down the page carries a bargaintastic £624,000 price tag. I can never remember why I don't usually look at this section of the mag in any detail.... :roll:

So this one incorporates "a mechanical g-force sensor..which features a scale denoting whether the g-level is safe or "critical".

So :-

1. Is this for the ambulance crews then? "I have no idea what happened to this dude...ah - hang on Bill - looks like cause of death was critical g-loading. Case closed. Now.... lets slip this off his wrist, just for a moment....".

2. Would some sort of scale reading in between "safe" and "critical" be of more use to the wearer? Like "almost critical", or "ooh - almost a goner there!".

3. As it sits on your wrist (probably in your safe/vault most of the time actually), how do you stop it simply measuring the maximum G your hand is subjected to during sawing?

Otherwise, I'm sure it is a very useful feature. :D

Updated February 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Must be for (very rich) fighter pilots ;).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Isn't there apps for Andriod and Apple phones which can give you G readings from an internal sensor which is built into the phones?

That's £623,600 saved, right there!

mik said...

Otherwise, I'm sure it is a very useful feature. :D

Apparently added as a FUN feature, some people have a very strange idea of fun

Produced in collaboration with Jean Todt, 15 built and proceeds to charity

How the other half live:roll:

Updated February 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Surely a G force sensor on a wrist worn device is an excuse for a self manipulation comp?

Given that the activity would appeal almost exclusively to Footballers and squaddies and the fact only the fottie boys could afford it I think it is a very well thought out product.

Now you can really measure how great a w@nker you are!

"Hey babe, I can pull 300G playing with my todger..."

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular