Forums > General > sub £4k car

SUB £4K CAR
Previous | 1 | Next

My good friend recently had his Yaris written off. He bought it to commute about 8k miles peer year around Oxford area.

He has had the odd fun car in the past and they have a new Galaxy for family duty.

His Mrs wants cheap tax etc, he wants more fun than his Yaris gave.

I spent hours searching round his way and gave him a couple of suggestions.

Anyone add any good ideas?

944 or e36 m3

cheers

steve

Civic Type R

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

A Yaris T sport? :)

_Steveo_ said...

944 or e36 m3

I was going to correct that to 944 and E36 M3 but 944s aren't that cheap any more :(

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

This:

Jobbo said...

This:

I do like that!!

You could have your pick of Clio 172 and 182 for £4k.

--

Clio 182/Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400

needs to be cheap insurance sadly.

Daddydadbo said...

needs to be cheap insurance sadly.

Missus and kids would hint that he's probably at an age when insurance really isn't that much of an issue for most things.

Nice 330i Sport could be had for that.

Hello from a part time lurker.

I have been thinking about something on a similar budget recently and I drove a Clio 182, MR2 and Smart Roadster. I actually preferred the slowest car, but strangely feel a little reluctant to admit this in public.

--

Its me!
123 Tax

Aygo/C1.

sweet16 said...

Smart Roadster

They make a nice noise and they're very appealing. Roadster Coupe Brabus if I was after one, though.

Jobbo said...

sweet16 said...

Smart Roadster

They make a nice noise and they're very appealing. Roadster Coupe Brabus if I was after one, though.

Another mate bought one new. It has been costing him a fortune. Does do 60mpg+ but he just wants rid now.

Well the friend in question has put down a deposit on a Mini Cooper in BRG with the big sunroof. I am surprised how much these still go for.

And thank you for all the advice which he duly ignored. Good to see even people not on here observing the rules! :)

Daddydadbo said...

Jobbo said...

sweet16 said...

Smart Roadster

Another mate bought one new. It has been costing him a fortune. Does do 60mpg+ but he just wants rid now.

Well the friend in question has put down a deposit on a Mini Cooper in BRG with the big sunroof. I am surprised how much these still go for.

As am I.
Tried one on Sunday. found the seats to be just awful, no support at all.
The gearbox is obviously made of chocolate. You have to budget £500 for WHEN it goes wrong (because it will). And it is a pretty horrible gearbox anyway.
The steering column intrudes into the space near the clutch so much that you can feel it turning on your foot (and I only have size 7 feet).

Terrible space efficiency, almost the anti-Mini in that respect.

Apart from that it was good...

Updated February 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

MX5

_Andy said...

You could have your pick of Clio 172 and 182 for £4k.

I would definitely agree with this

Mercedes a200 turbo?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular