Forums > General > Great cars you hate.

GREAT CARS YOU HATE.
Previous | 123456 | Next

There are lots of cars we are told are great, but I for one dont love them all. Which 'great' cars do you not like, or leave you a bit cold?

I'll start with

Jaguar XJ220 - they dont do anything for me. They are of an age where they aren't classics, but equally aren't modern. Meaning, to me at least, the interiors just look a bit naff.

Golf GTIs - These dont excite me at all. I'm sure they are brilliant, everyone says so. To me, they look bland. It's all too subtle. I do like the tartan interior.

lexus lfa.

Does absolutely nothing for me at all.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Any car which is so overly hyped up by journalists that it gets on my nerves. Current ones are C63, M135i and GT86.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

LFA - impressive concept, but does not stop me in my tracks.

F40 - (cue cries of outrage) Sorry, but no.

Updated February 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I've never liked the Bugatti EB110 or Lamborghini Diablo.

McLaren F1

(Edit, I don't hate it as such, it just has no appeal)

Updated February 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

8Ball said...

McLaren F1

This. They leave me utterly cold.

Most 911s.

Most BMWs.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Paganis. So vulgar.

--

Cunt

Jorg Gray watches. So over-rated just because Obama wears one ;)

Golf gti's - Most over rated car in history, I really don't get the fascination with them.

Mazda MX5 - Not hate as much, I love the mk.1's to drive but the newer ones, especially the mk.3's need a bit more poke. Even the 2.0 sport needs more go and the engine feels remarkably "normal" for a sports car, it's a car that has always frustrated me because Mazda never realized the potential of the car IMO.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Maserati Quattroporte.

That said, I'd have a free one if I could sell it.

Cobra (even reps) - nope.

Ford Mustang - sorry Steve, but the baddies motor was truly baddass. Plus the styling over time has been utter dross.

--

NotoriousREV said...

...Most 911s...

Whenever I read an argument about 993 Vs 996 (or whatever) it makes me think of a room full of Seinfelds arguing with each other.

Mark 4 golf GTi. Any mark 4 golf for that matter good ish car in the way it sold but hate it now.
I'd go as far as saying its the most chavvy car on the road today always driven by tossers

--

For sure

MX5s (hate will follow) - sure theyre regarded as great drivers cars but the fact that every journo has had 10 and they are just a generic hairdressers car imo. sorry to all of you that have owned or own one.

ANY CURRENT BMW - just think their designs have become so bland and boring, theyre just a beige family car. apart from the current F10 M5 I dont like a single new bimmer. But the old ones are a whole different story E30 M3s and 2002 TURBOS :P

E-Type - Right. I have said it. Goodnight8)

--

F40.

Ron Burgundy said...

Mark 4 golf GTi. Any mark 4 golf for that matter good ish car in the way it sold but hate it now.
I'd go as far as saying its the most chavvy car on the road today always driven by tossers

The Mk4 GTI wasn't a great car. I'm another one who's not big on 911s, in fact I'm not fussed about much German stuff.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I don't go a whole bundle on anything by Renaultsport and I tend to lose interest in 911s the moment they start being stripped out and gaining go-faster bits, and reducing journalists to wibbling wrecks. Give me a normal 911 any day of the week. Paganis are universally fugly, as are most Ferraris made in the last 10 years. McLarens are curiously "meh" and I don't much care for the fug of smuggery that surrounds Skodas. But "hate" is a strong word unless you're talking about something like a Ssangyong Rodius. And that's not a great car.

Oh ok then, the current Jaguar XJ. It's unforgiveably ugly and has an interior that is nowhere near as nice as curiously large numbers of people seem to think it is. I probably do hate it.

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

C_Hilly said...

ANY CURRENT BMW - just think their designs have become so bland and boring,

What. The. Feck?

--

For sure

Previous | 123456 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular