Forums > General > BlackBerry - Too little too late?

BLACKBERRY - TOO LITTLE TOO LATE?
Previous | 12 | Next

Been reading about this after seeing it mentioned on another thread. It seems the new Z10 isn't a bad phone but most sites seem to think that it's too late for BlackBerry.

Apparently on "Death watch" - Clicky

Dead company walking

I don't see a future for them.

Maybe, maybe not

Shares are up 5% within 25 mins of trading today.

Doesn't look good does it?

If the company goes under I'm guessing their BIS will stop too? Being a student I don't have the money to buy another phone anytime soon - really hope they get their sh!t together.

Are they still reliant upon BES on their new stuff.

We've had BBs for a while now at work and I really don't see that BES is in any way helpful. It just doubles the potential for things going wrong.

the only people i know with blackberrys are either over 60 or under 15 :?

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Still huge in corporate world though.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

As I was saying in another thread "roaming data" on mine is u/l for 25 a month when abroad for 30 days. I dont even take my one x plus with me for that very reason.

Yours sincerely,

Simon
Middle aged.

How can they afford to sponsor Mercedes F1?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Quick Poll
Would you be sad to see BlackBerry disappear?
Yes - I love my BBM 37.88%
No - let it die 62.12%

The internets have voted!

Tim said...

Indeed. Because iPhones are hateful as business tools - touchscreens are just not helpful when all you want to do is tap out a quick reply and spell it correctly, plus what you do write that risks being bizarrely mangled by the auto-correct function.

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

"Too little too late?" - I would believe so for the personal mobile device market at least.

As for the full physical keyboard, I not sure if it was better than a virtual touchscreen version as the keys are still pretty small.

Tim said...

I've not met anyone in the last 3-4 years who was planning to increase their number of Blackberry users. Lots winding down their BES in favour of ActiveSync and possibly some vendor's MDM.

These days, if you're securely publishing Exchange for webmail and Outlook Anywhere, it's no bother to be doing EAS too without any hassles, and without relying on someone else's (fallible) systems.

If what I'm reading about BES for BB10 is true, then you'll need a new BES server for the new devices - except it can't also do that for the old BB devices, you'll need a 5.x BES knocking around to do that too.

Even the most committed BB fanboys may be a little put out when their Z10 arrives and their IT department can't / won't provision it because they've not added a new BES yet.

All those I know of in my office who have taken the iPhone option for work wish they hadn't. Most of them dislike the fact that they have to then have iTunes installed.

I took the BB option because a) I didn't want to use my own iPhone for work and b) two iPhones would just wind me up. Dunno why just would :)

--

BMW Car Magazine

I had 3 or 4 of the older ones with keypads for work and thought they were great. Simple but effective and perfect for business.

I had a brief look at one of the new ones at the weekend and again today and they are full of meh IMO.

--

This ^

ShockDiamonds said...

All those I know of in my office who have taken the iPhone option for work wish they hadn't. Most of them dislike the fact that they have to then have iTunes installed.

I took the BB option because a) I didn't want to use my own iPhone for work and b) two iPhones would just wind me up. Dunno why just would :)

For the last few years you don't need to connect any Apple device to iTunes. Not even an iPod.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

to be honest there is a thing about 'if its popular its my duty to hate it'.

They arent bad phones, just ridiculously expensive. Im sure their stocks had exploded recently due to the barrage of secondary school kids buying with their parents money.

This was interesting - Quirky but severely flawed platform

Apparently they're selling well at the moment, wonder if it'll last..

With Android still a no no in a lot of the corporate, especially banking, world it will be this changing that will kill off BB more than anything else.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

I've always had BB's for work. It is a work tool but crap at any thing else.
Just yesterday I was going through some .pdf's on the train. IPhone would've been a hassle...

--

Bristol SuperYachts

The only issue with iPhones as a business tool is the fact you can't "download" files to a location, create a new e-mail and re-attach the files.

Other than that, I've never encountered a problem as a business tool

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular