Forums > General > FAO Alfa experts

FAO ALFA EXPERTS
Previous | 1 | Next

Tried a 147 on the weekend.
Looked lovely, multispoke alloys, only one ditchfinder, perfect dark red metallic.

But driving it the gearchange was awful, couldn't feel anything at all, was just pure guesswork as to whether I'd changed gear or not.
And the ride was very very jiggly, with a vibration through the wheel.
Steering itself was vague with no feedback.

Are these things problems with the specific car or just to be expected with a 147?

Going to try to see a couple of mk1 Focuses next.

Updated February 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

I think I would have a drive of another 147

I must have missed something. What happened to the Rover?

--

This ^

Sounds like it wasn't a very good one.

Alfa gearchanges are typically a bit rubbery, and don't feel particularly mechanical but should be precise enough. Steering not massively feelsome but should be quick and accurate.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

gearbox sounds fooked. also sounds like the wheels are buckled . the 17 inch multispokes are known to go out of shape hence why i had to replace 2 of mine.

edit : steering sounds buggered as well

Updated February 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Focus FTW - forget old Italian cars, you'll be forever needing to fix it :lol:.

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

240PP said...

This. 2nd time you've hinted it's bitten the dust, but not elaborated! Did Kerry Katona buy it back?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

240PP said...

This. 2nd time you've hinted it's bitten the dust, but not elaborated! Did Kerry Katona buy it back?

As mentioned in other thread, sold it for various reasons. Fed up with it, MOT coming up within a month and looked like it needed at least one tyre (not cheap) and who knows what else.

It felt very old, very quickly. Want a newer design, (if not newer actual car).
Going to be more fussy this time.

Updated February 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Mike Rainbird said...

Focus FTW - forget old Italian cars, you'll be forever needing to fix it :lol:.

a "good" 147 would be worth a look though

I'd go for it if you find a good one, but that's unlikely at £1k. Friend bought a mint one the same time I got my Mito for a couple grand and his hasn't gone wrong in 3 years. I expect a cheap shoddy one won't be worth it at all though.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular