Forums > Moaning forum > Middle names used as given name....

MIDDLE NAMES USED AS GIVEN NAME....
Previous | 12 | Next

What's all that about....something to hide ?

Months after working with someone discovered his first name was Charlton and not Richard and also at my latest client, Ian instead of Timothy...

They prefer their middle name. I've got a mate who uses his middle name because he hates his first name.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I use my middle name but that is because it was my first christian name, then my mum added James so I had an Internationally translatable name and for reasons best known to herself stuck it on at the front.

Loads of people have family names at the start but have never used them.

zedleg said...

They prefer their middle name. I've got a mate who uses his middle name because he hates his first name.

so he hates his first name, what is it ? Rupert or something ?

He is lucky he can use his middle name, I've not got one and didn't give my sons one either, then again I prefer traditional names.

_Mick_N said...

zedleg said...

so he hates his first name, what is it ? Rupert or something ?

He is lucky he can use his middle name, I've not got one and didn't give my sons one either, then again I prefer traditional names.

People can dislike their traditional first names as well. My mum uses her middle name for that reason.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Thank God she likes her middle name then, maybe we should give 4 or 5 middles names so that at least one name might be liked.

_Mick_N said...

Thank God she likes her middle name then, maybe we should give 4 or 5 middles names so that at least one name might be liked.

I had a friend at school with two middle names. They were "George Michael"; he didn't use them for some reason :lol:

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

I used to work for a guy that did this. In his case it was because a) he didn't like his first name and b) it was the same as his Dad's name and caused confusion.

I'd also mention that my mum uses a shortened version of her middle name because she really hates her first name, but I'd just get a Micking for it.

Personally, I hate my middle name.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

I don't particularly like my first name, but by the time you're old enough to decide for sure whether you like/dislike your own name, it's already what everybody knows you as.:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I know someone who uses their middle name instead, but their first name is something like Humphrey.

Better still, women who add their mothers maiden names and hyphenate it to appear upper middle class.

Micks just jealous because he doesn't have one. You can have mine mick - it's Alan FFS!

My girlfriend has an English name on her birth certificate because her English dad insisted, but goes by its polish equivalent and always has because her mum called her that.

--

Cheers

Rich

I've used my middle name since I was about 4. I don't hate my first name, I think my Mum decided my middle name was more 'catchy' and started calling me it as a sort of nice nickname and it has stuck. School, uni and work I've always used my middle name.

I'm thinking about getting it changed officially as it causes some minor problems occasionally. New job email address set up as firstname.surname then having to explain to people etc.

--

This ^

We've always used middle names as a way of relating back to grandparents. My first son will have my middle name which is the same as my Dads and his Dad.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

There was a girl at my old school who had 2 first names double barreled as her parents couldn't pick one and nearly divorced. Mary-Alice :lol:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

GraniteV8 said...

We've always used middle names as a way of relating back to grandparents. My first son will have my middle name which is the same as my Dads and his Dad.

Dave!

I thought this was normal? My middle name goes back generations.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

Correct, almost, my middle name is my dad's name.

Although actually if I had a son, his first name would be my dad's name, and my first name would be nowhere to be seen.:lol:

Updated February 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

None of my ‘real life’ friends actually calls me 'Kin'. :lol:

Updated February 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

--

Kintegra y0!

My mother, stepfather, mum's sister and her husband all use their middle names. If somebody told me Gloria, Kenneth, Erica and Anthony were at the door, it would take me a while to work out who they were talking about.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

My dad doesn't go by his first name, because it's a bit....german. Back in the 60s that was still a bit shaky in terms of applying for jobs etc.

His middle name (Werner) is bit less of a mouthful, too.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular