Forums > General > Cops?? Black cars, slim roof rack and blue lights??

COPS?? BLACK CARS, SLIM ROOF RACK AND BLUE LIGHTS??
Previous | 12 | Next

Driving from Turnberry to Glasgow today, Audi Avant, BMW 3-Touring and a Honda thing within 10 miles, all black, tinted rear windows and had slim blue lights on the roof rack... What the fffk are these, surely not semi marked traffic cars?? Boo Hiss etc etc.

There's an Audi Cabriolet being used by the police round this way.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Cars from a film shoot maybe?

Nope, not film set cars, unless occupant actors have been trained in blank face thousand yard stares also known as 'no a happy copper!'

Cabriolet you say, I hope the roof sticks down for them as today it is hang a wet coat off the nips cold out there.

Ugh is it Friday yet!

There is a dark blue Audi S3 in a similar state of mufti in the borders. :(

The slim blue lights are a pita when it comes to spotting even marked cars there days as they're easily mistaken for roof racks and vice versa.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

M74 south of Glasgow unmarked silver A4 saloon being a sneaky turd!

I briefly had a light grey E91 330d Touring. Driving that on the motorway with cross-bars fitted to the roof rails was an intriguing experience. That thing cleared fast lanes more effectively than any other car I've owned - absolutely everyone got out of way, presumably out of fear that I might be Plod.

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

I know theres a few black Seat Leons which are ALWAYS cruising the M20 in Kent. Like I see them once a week. Scarily I just googled it and the Po Po who drives it appears to be a member on PH?

click

--

How about not having a sig at all?

ive seen a golf a few times round the high street. seems like they want something no one will suspect. the untrained public anyway :D

Full on gangsta, black everything RS3, BMW 135i mit blacked out windows, bi turbo A6, yep you guessed it fully blacked out and several other pimped beemers and mercs. Even had the Exige demonstrator at one point. Traffic police HQ just down the road from me so know what to look out for.

RS3 turns into a disco when its on a call, loads of stealth strobes all over it and it fvcking moves :D

--

Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.

I do think they're a bit of a cvnt when they try to lure you into speeding. They usually hang around the motorways in modified boy racer type cars, with as you said black out windows and private plates.

It's how they caught my dad a few years ago. Focus ST was pretty much tailgating us in the middle line FFS. So he gave it a bootfull and got pulled over :roll:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Yep got stopped by one of these for going quick. Was followed for about 2 miles at 4am. Couldn't see lights on roof so kept going then nee nar. Oops. Got off with it as it was 4am. Had a laugh with them as I said I couldn't see your roof lights so I carried on but did wonder why you kept a steady distance from me lol. :oops:

--

For sure

JezH said...

RS3 turns into a disco when its on a call, loads of stealth strobes all over it and it fvcking moves :D

You are not kidding! This morning a black ninja-esque 3-Series Touring transformed in to a communicating device from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, (Mito Man it's an old movie). Thankfully I was not the target but a person two behind, driver probably on the phone.

Nice analogy - I know exactly what you mean.

I had a close encounter with an unmarked E60 on the M40 the other day - fortunately he was after the divot in the E46 convertible behind me. But I did have a heart in mouth moment.

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

Its that initial sinking feeling when you clock the lights, then your speedo and pull over, waiting to see if they follow you or blast past.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Ascender said...

Its that initial sinking feeling when you clock the lights, then your speedo and pull over, waiting to see if they follow you or blast past.

Oh yeh! Like this morning, my phone rings in the centre consul of the car, don't touch it, screen flashes up 'Ex Wife' and it's before 8am so something's far wrong.... Lifted and took the call on an all but one other car deserted dual carriageway, and as I passed the family Vauxhall yawnmobile furrrkin ear stirrup burstin NNNNEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRWWWWW NNNNEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRWWWWW. The featureless, dull, grey and bastarding fooktardy lump of sheeeeit flashed, strobed and pulsed blue and gave me a greater fright shot than being given colonic irrigation with neat Epinephrine Espresso via a Karcher Jet Wash nozzle. Zippity yippity doodah, three fcuking points on the clean license and a good steak dinner down the drain!! Ughhh gutted.

Bandido said...

Ascender said...

Oh yeh! Like this morning, my phone rings in the centre consul of the car, don't touch it, screen flashes up 'Ex Wife' and it's before 8am so something's far wrong.... Lifted and took the call on an all but one other car deserted dual carriageway, and as I passed the family Vauxhall yawnmobile furrrkin ear stirrup burstin NNNNEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRWWWWW NNNNEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRWWWWW. The featureless, dull, grey and bastarding fooktardy lump of sheeeeit flashed, strobed and pulsed blue and gave me a greater fright shot than being given colonic irrigation with neat Epinephrine Espresso via a Karcher Jet Wash nozzle. Zippity yippity doodah, three fcuking points on the clean license and a good steak dinner down the drain!! Ughhh gutted.

:lol: at the post, :evil: at the result... Totally unmarked cars are just not cricket! You should be given a sporting chance at being able to spot them.

Black 1 series coupe in co Durham with the thin lights on too!

Bandido said...

Ascender said...

you should have tried to outrun them Bandit

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular