Forums > General > Recommend me just one album....

RECOMMEND ME JUST ONE ALBUM....
Previous | 123 | Next

Go on, I need some new music on the iPod to run too!

Nothing a bit 'meh please.......go on, name me an album that is in your opinion 'outstanding'...one you really really like.

I'm pretty open to all music types.

Discovery, daft punk.

--

A yellow loltus

Tool - "10000 Days"

Nightmares On Wax - My Defenition. Skip the first track, too mellow. But the rest of the song has the right tempo for you to run/train to.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

27Gilles said...

Nightmares On Wax - My Defenition. Skip the first track, too mellow. But the rest of the song has the right tempo for you to run/train to.

[/quote]

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Barry said...

Tool - "10000 Days"

Never heard of 'em.....I'll give it a spin!

[quote="Foz"]Discovery, daft punk.

Good shout...already on the pod! :)

Alt-J, An Awesome Wave

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Death in Vegas - The Contino Sessions.

If Tool is a bit much try;

Clutch - "From Beale Street To Oblivion".

Both of those albums are on my regular list. 8)

David Holmes - The Holy Pictures

Thanks a lot guys...some great stuff here.

If it keeps me pounding the pavements over the next few weeks it won't be in vain.

I'm training for a marathon (my first) in April...hopefully (dodgy knee permitting) I'll raise a few quids for charity!

Barry said...

If Tool is a bit much try;

Clutch - "From Beale Street To Oblivion".

Both of those albums are on my regular list. 8)

Cheers....being brought up on a diet of hardcore and death metal, it's unlikely to be a bit much.

Great suggestions!!

Updated February 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Prodigy, music for the jilted generation is the finest album ever made IMO. Still in awe of it nearly 20 years (1994) after its release.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Delete Back to Mine - Grove Armada- missed the bit about running

I'll go for John Digweed' Sydney GU instead

Updated February 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Robby1977 said...

Prodigy, music for the jilted generation is the finest album ever made IMO. Still in awe of it nearly 20 years (1994) after its release.

Oh yeh. Great great album. I loved it when it first came out....I've got this, experience and fat of the land on the ipod.

I also love Orbital from that time....not as 'dancy' but really well produced electro music.

Robby1977 said...

Huge Prodigy fan here too, and Experience and Jilted are probably my faves as I grew up with them. Saw Prodigy at the Royal Court in L'pool in '94, with Njoi supporting. That was a fun night. 8)

Don't know if you can run to it, but this week I have been listening to;

Crystal stills
Ravonettes
Pete and the pirates
Ride
Orbital

Definitely not running music, but I dug the old cure albums out over the weekend......memory lane.

Updated February 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

--

My Glass is always half full

Barry said...

Robby1977 said...

Huge Prodigy fan here too, and Experience and Jilted are probably my faves as I grew up with them. Saw Prodigy at the Royal Court in L'pool in '94, with Njoi supporting. That was a fun night. 8)

Ace! 8)

Never actually saw any significant dance acts back in the day. :?

Saw a lot of metal acts including Slayer back in 1988.

With virtually all albums there is a an OK track, a good track, then you're skipping to another track you like. With Jilted Generation you press play and with each new track you want to keep listening, it keeps your attention. Stays like that till the end of the album, at which point you are annoyed you've reached the end.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk

Experience is not the best Prodigy album, even if great, but now have 'Everybody is in the place lets go!' in my head! may need to dig out the CD, and the Sennheisers, as 90's rave (?) will get the police out at near midnight....

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk

Radiohead - In Rainbows & Hail to the Thief
Simple Minds - Empires and Dance, Sons and Fascination, New Gold Dream & Sparkle in the Rain.
Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
U2 - Auchtung Baby, Boy, October
Disturbed - The Sickness

A sign I'm getting old. None of the new stuff does anything for me!

Updated February 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Arvo Part - Tabula Rasa

Cheers

Steve

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular