Forums > General > Utopia CH4: Spoilers allowed

UTOPIA CH4: SPOILERS ALLOWED
Previous | 12 | Next

As we try to keep the TV likings thread spoiler free, I thought I'd start this thread.

What do people think? Anyone watching it?
I watched the first 3 episodes virtually back to back and was blown away.

Amazing cinematography and use of colour, suitably unnerving soundtrack, solid performances (with some interesting casting) and so far, a gripping story.

And of course, possibly the most gruesome torture scene shown on British TV... :shock:

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I watched the first episode, found it slow boring and too "try hard". Didn't bother carrying on.

--

Cheers

Rich

Likewise. Watched about 10-15mins of the first episode and gave up.

--

I don't like dolphins...

Enjoying it here. Yeah, the photography is pretty stunning - loving the true widescreen format. The guy doing the killing is proper creepy.

Jessica Hyde is hot.

Arby is poorly cast.

speedcamera said...

Enjoying it here. Yeah, the photography is pretty stunning - loving the true widescreen format. The guy doing the killing is proper creepy.

Proper widescreen?

_ said...

speedcamera said...

Proper widescreen?

2.35:1 i.e. it has black bars top and bottom.
It really is amazingly well shot and composed. I don't normally pay too much attention to such aspects, but it is outstanding.

Some properly laugh out loud moments in between all the dark behaviour too. Just hope it wraps into a satisfactory conclusion.

The fact that the main characters all meet from an online forum made me think of here! :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

It really is amazingly well shot and composed. I don't normally pay too much attention to such aspects

We know ;)

Its actually really good. Glad I stuck with it.

N said...

Arby is poorly cast.

You think? Works well for me.

As for the widescreen thing, I hadn't even noticed. I'm obviously not (quite) geeky enough.

_ said...

N said...

Arby is poorly cast.

As for the widescreen thing, I hadn't even noticed. I'm obviously not (quite) geeky enough.

Yeah I think he's superb. And they hint at an interesting back story for him too, which adds a lot more depth than just "Terminator-style killing machine".

SPOILERS!

I would like to know why he didn't kill the woman he's spent so long hunting. And that school scene was just brutal, especially coming not long after the shootings in the US.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

I would like to know why he didn't kill the woman he's spent so long hunting. And that school scene was just brutal, especially coming not long after the shootings in the US.

I figured it was because she's the only person in a long time that he's felt he has anything in common with. They both (by the sounds of it) have had messed up childhood/lives due to the whole thing.

David_Yu said...

_ said...

N said...

Arby is poorly cast.

Yeah I think he's superb. And they hint at an interesting back story for him too, which adds a lot more depth than just "Terminator-style killing machine".

SPOILERS!

I'd understand pulling the school scene if was shot or being shown in the US but it really has nothing to do with us and good on the producers/C4 for not pulling it.

Not trying to be funny but it's not as if we haven't seen the last US gun massacre is it (arms sales increased after the latest tragedy).

_ said...

speedcamera said...

Proper widescreen?

Yeah, like the ratio you see at the cinemas.

<geek>

Wilson looks like an unkempt Chris Harris

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Billed as the first series, how far can they really take this plot.Four episodes in and I think we have the gist by now that a pharmaceutical company is plotting global domination. with a group of strange people fighting against another group of strange people to prevent it.Not exactly a cliffhanger

p7ulg said...

Billed as the first series, how far can they really take this plot.Four episodes in and I think we have the gist by now that a pharmaceutical company is plotting global domination. with a group of strange people fighting against another group of strange people to prevent it.Not exactly a cliffhanger

I'd like to see these series wrapped up and done. Even though i've enjoyed the 2nd series, Homeland could/should have ended at Season 1.

It'd be good to see a writer brave enough to say, 'no that's done - time to come up with something else'.

It's kinda lost me at Episode 4. 1 & 2 were brilliant I thought. 3 so-so. 4 a bit meh.

Got to laugh at the scientist though: "Well, no, I do like cocaine and prostitutes. But they didn't need to tell anyone."

:lol:

Definitely not as tense or gripping as the first 3 episodes, but the plot is fair whistling along.

Also LOL at "Arby" being RB...

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Got to laugh at the scientist though: "Well, no, I do like cocaine and prostitutes. But they didn't need to tell anyone."

:lol:

Definitely not as tense or gripping as the first 3 episodes, but the plot is fair whistling along.

Also LOL at "Arby" being RB...

Raisin Boy?

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular