Forums > General > Internships

INTERNSHIPS
Previous | 12 | Next

After applying for 11 jobs and having been rejected for 6 so far, i was feeling a bit rubbish to be honest.

I mentioned this to a friend who is at Oxford (down the road), he got me an interview with an Investment firm who are wanting me to go to Mongolia for 3 months. I've passed the first skype interview, i just need to meet up with the boss next week to get the green light.

To say i'm excited it an understatement- flights and accomodation are paid for, as well as being given $1000 per month. All i've got to do is some research and sort out some rubbish business admin!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Sounds ace! $1000 a month in Mongolia will go a loooooong way. Will also look great on a CV too.

--

Cheers,
Mike

Mongolia :shock: That's a long way away!

Have a great time and pics or it never happened!

Mongolia is an up and coming country with their economy strengthening year on year. Make sure you get out and see the country and its people as they are today as its not going to be the same place in 5 or 10 years time.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Ascender said...

Mongolia is an up and coming country with their economy strengthening year on year. Make sure you get out and see the country and its people as they are today as its not going to be the same place in 5 or 10 years time.

I was there in 2008 before the Beijing Olympics, i did the whole World Challenge thing which included travelling 12 days by horse on the steppe without seeing ANYONE.

Absolutely unreal economically at the minute- its GDP is growing at around 11% per year. Basically its goldrush. Not unlike Australia in the 1920s/30s

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

What a great opportunity! Good luck with it, Simon.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Nice one8)

--

Entirely pointless

KAAAHHNNNNN!

Cool beans, sounds fun - they are building like mad at the moment. Great opportunity for you, make some contacts and don't come back to the UK ;)

Well done Simon.

I'm currently on an internship with AT&T in the states. After the first week, I'm so glad I took it as you learn new skills. The people are really nice and you learn their culture and way of life.

The women are pretty stunning too 8)!

Updated February 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Well done Simon.

I'm currently on an internship with AT&T in the states. After the first week, I'm so glad I took it as you learn new skills. The people are really nice and you learn their culture and way of life.

The women are pretty stunning too 8)!

Where are you? I guess the west coast as people being really nice doesn't sound very east :lol:

ExiledChris said...

Where are you? I guess the west coast as people being really nice doesn't sound very east :lol:

Actually no, the east coast in NJ just outside NYC.

Shame that on this side, no one really drives proper muscle cars as the majority of cars are either Japanese hybrids or the usual from the big three German makers.

That sounds excellent 8) - good luck, you won't regret it for a second. I went to go and work in Russia in '98 when I was 23; just can't beat overseas work for getting experience.

PS that monthly rate will become a daily rate if you stick at it.

Nice one!

As JL says, working overseas is a fantastic experience and a potential gold mine!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Good luck!

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

ExiledChris said...

Shame that on this side, no one really drives proper muscle cars as the majority of cars are either Japanese hybrids or the usual from the big three German makers.

Wow - are you from London ;)

Glad you're enjoying it, don't freeze your ass off.

ExiledChris said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

ExiledChris said...

Yup it's freezing. Started snowing again so cycling to work shall be fun :lol:

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

ExiledChris said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

ExiledChris said...

Yup it's freezing. Started snowing again so cycling to work shall be fun :lol:

Cycling to work in America? Sounds like a bad idea..

--

Cheers,
Mike

Bad news people,

I met up with the boss today and even if they do want me to do this internship, i'm not.

The man i met was over 30 mins late and hungover- with no apology. He also was asking totally inappropriate questions the whole time- asking confidential information about contracts i've organised at work. He finished his interview by bragging how he had dinner with Nick Clegg, James Khan (dragons den) and the head of some hedge fund last night- he then proceeded to ask me 'if i knew anyone important?'

Totally rubbed me up the wrong way.

--

Sounds like you're getting out at the right time then, frustrating though:(

--

Entirely pointless

Shame as the experience would have been great.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular