Forums > General > Fuel Cards

FUEL CARDS
Previous | 1 | Next

What are the benefits, and can I, as private individual have one?

Benefits:

A single invoice for your entire fleet fuel
Low admin for your fleet drivers (claiming fuel via expenses etc.)
3+ weeks interest free credit helps cash flow
Can offer fixed price fuelling for large fleets

You could probably get one but it costs £6 per month per card at least and you need to spend £300 per month on the account.

There's no advantage to you as an individual.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Thats what i thought the case was, but i thought i should double check.

Thanks! :D

Updated January 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Have a look at the Tesco Credit Card if you use a lot of fuel and want something back for free credit.

I currently use a Capital One 'Aspire World' card. Currently getting 5% cash back (intro offer) then back to the regular 1%.

carlos said...

Have a look at the Tesco Credit Card if you use a lot of fuel and want something back for free credit.

You need to make sure you’re actually making a worthwhile saving, though.

The points you ‘earn’ work out at the equivalent of a 1.7p per litre discount on petrol bought at Tesco. So if you’ve got another petrol station nearby that’s 2p a litre cheaper than Tesco’s pump price, you’d be better off going there.

Even if there’s somewhere nearby that’s 1p per litre cheaper than Tesco (highly likely), you’d only be saving around £1.50 per month on a £300 monthly fuel bill by going to Tesco.

Not that I've looked into this or anything...

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular