Forums > General > Broken down - fun fact!

BROKEN DOWN - FUN FACT!
Previous | 12 | Next

Those of you who follow my exciting life on TWITTER @RMajor86 will be aware that the GF's car broke down on the M3 today.

Luckily only a few weeks ago we changed our bank account with Natwest from Gold to Silver. This meant we sacrificed the never before used Breakdown cover, but gained LoveFilm DVD rentals!

Anyway, i guessed that GreenFlag would be the best company to call, and the girl friend called up and booked them, while i drove out to meet her. £108 and a hour later they arrive.

When chatting to the VERY nice GreenFlag mechanic he told me that he didn't have the spares required to fix the car there and then because they so very rarely have Ford problems.

Luckily the car was actually almost still drivable, as it turned out the problem was a fairly horrid misfire, so i managed to massage it back to work's car park, half way between the brake down at home.

Which manufacture/manufacture group do you think he keeps most spares for?

Answers on a post card.

Winner wins, ummm, a pack of the finest internet revels?

If this forum is anything to go by I would say BMW. Or Skoda.

He won't have many Skoda spares, cos I've fuggin' bought em already!!

I was gonna say Fiat, but I reckon its one of the Germans.

Edit: I see you've written Manufacturer group, so i'm going for VAG

Updated January 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM

VW

--

Cheers,
Mike

Jaguar/Land Rover

Rover......obviously

--

My Glass is always half full

VAG is my favourite too.

--

Speed holes.

P.S.A. (a swear word without the '.'s apparently :roll: ) Peugeot Citroën

So far, none of you are right.

Mercedes?

ETA: If I win zedleg you can have the raisin ones :D

Updated January 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Mercedes

--

just the tip

RichardMajor86 said...

So far, none of you are right.

Vauxhall?

Definitely Honda

Cheers

Steve

Amazing, still all wrong.

Alfa Romeo

Duesenberg

Cheers

Steve

As guy my mate had out to his scenic said Honda was one of the ones with fewest brake downs and reckoned Renault were one of the worst, but also BMW were pretty bad.

Carl

Nissan

Nash Metropolitan

Cheers

Steve

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular