Forums > General > Gibraltar Monkees

GIBRALTAR MONKEES
Previous | 1 | Next

I've just spent a month in this Chav infested hell hole.
Some pretty decent Tapas on the Spanish side mind you.

F*jk!

--

Bristol SuperYachts

Yes their main road really does double as an airport runway.

Updated January 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM

--

Bristol SuperYachts

I visit once a month for a few days for work. It's a shithole. La Linea isn't much better.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Isn't there a big army presence there? Is that why it's such a shithole?

Big Army base often equals shithole.

There's often Navy vessels visiting the small naval base and supposedly an army presence hidden in the rock itself but I've never seen them. It's just scruffy and horrible. The best hotel is terrible and there's only a couple of half decent restaurants.

--

supposedly an army presence hidden in the rock itself

like a spy film?

If you like.

--

Rev, next time I'm out there I'll let you know. It seems the visits are going to be much more frequent for myself, hopefully never again for an entire month though. The highlight was driving down to Tarifa and eating some of the best paella I've ever tasted.

The magnitude of how much of a shithole it actually is, is astounding. I mean building are pretty much falling apart and nobody seems to give a fvkc.

Plenty of chavs driving around in clapped out 1.2 saxos.

I saw the army boys on a run one morning. I'm sure they have to make as much as they out of the place. But not even a mother could love it, it is so ugly.

--

Bristol SuperYachts

Calling Wit0r, you still lurking dude?

I like how when you are driving along the Spanish coast, despite seeing it there in plain view, the Spanish signs don't acknowledge it:lol:

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

So true! The signs will call Algeciras, La Linea, Estepona or whatever else but only when you're in La Linea will they write Gib. The locals aren't the biggest fans of each other. Biggest money earner on the Spanish side is cigarette smugling as it seems they're bout half price in Gib! It's just one of those awful places on this earth.

Many thanks for allowing me to spill all this bile!

Yaaargh!

--

Bristol SuperYachts

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular