Forums > General > Options

OPTIONS
Previous | 1 | Next

If you buy the top of the range model is it right to have to pay a significant extra over for options i would think would be standard "top of the range" gear. Just using new range rover as an example, because they are rather nice, on top of 98k for the 5L supercharged Autobiography, paying extra for things like a 1st aid kit, privacy glass, full size spare, park assist would rub with me. I can add 9k for things I would consider top of the range kit.
Not that it's a problem I will be having in the near future.

Welcome to the forum.
YAC.

I prefer going for base models myself, the ones used to advertise 'from only £xxxxx' because it's rare to see them so bare. Call it deletism.

--

Get in the back of the van

It's another way of eeking more money from the customer. The "Autobiography" is a subclass of the model, of which there are options within.

The more you take off a cars standard spec list the more there is put back on at an extra charge. For example "what do you mean it doesn't come with heated seats as standard?!" countered with "well sir, not every customer requires that attribute so they don't want to have to pay for it as they won't ever use it. We do sell more cars with this item fitted on the used car market so it's always a good option to have come resale time". And really, what is another £9k ontop of £100k

Does it matter?
You either pay for it in the initial price or as an option. What actual difference does it make?

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

nuttinnew said...

Welcome to the forum.
YAC.

I prefer going for base models myself, the ones used to advertise 'from only £xxxxx' because it's rare to see them so bare. Call it deletism.

Many years ago I tried to buy a manual 230E without a sunroof, although this was the car listed on the price list I was told to have one without these options it would have to be a special order:roll:

Mark BT52 said...

Does it matter?
You either pay for it in the initial price or as an option. What actual difference does it make?

Psychological only.

Options on new cars are for suckers.

And most of them, like the new variable ratio steering schemes, are plain awful.

Modern cars are usually way over-specced so I'm usually happy with the base spec.

The difficulty lies in finding a car without options.

evoreadr said...

what is difficult about not ticking boxes?

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

evoreadr said...

Most people do for the above reasons. I am assuming he is on about a used car with no options (which isn't very clear so I could be wrong)

Orange Cola said...

Rich B said...

evoreadr said...

Most people do for the above reasons. I am assuming he is on about a used car with no options (which isn't very clear so I could be wrong)

we're talking about new cars though. New cars you can spec yourself - so not hard to spec one without £9k of options.

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Orange Cola said...

Rich B said...

evoreadr said...

we're talking about new cars though. New cars you can spec yourself - so not hard to spec one without £9k of options.

The OP thinks all the options should be included in the top spec model. He's obviously never bought a BMW!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular